Harper Adams University
View All Vacancies
Location: Newport, Shropshire TF10 8NB
£21,134 to £22,197
The point of entry will be dependent upon relevant qualifications and experience
Post Type: Full Time
Tuesday 09 May 2023
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team on our Future Farm at Harper Adams. The Future Farm team provides technical support to those working and studying within the University, alongside conducting commercial research. The Future Farm is made up of 4 Sectors, Mono-gastric animals, ruminants, cropping and farm operations and crop and environmental trials. These sectors allow synergy amongst staff whilst allowing them to excel in their specialisms. This role looks to support all sectors of the Future Farm Team; maintaining its appearance and ensuring that the site is a safe and clean environment for everyone. Farm hygiene is increasingly important and so this role will involve maintaining biosecurity measures along with ensuring facilities are frequently washed and disinfected.
This post will work as part of a small team of farm staff and farm sector managers, with overall direction by the Crops and Operations manager. The postholder will perform a wide range of tasks across all sectors of the farm.
The main responsibilities will include;
- Maintaining the tidy appearance of the farm including buildings and work areas.
- Proactively cleaning general farm areas, outbuildings, and animal housing in accordance with COSHH, health and safety and standard operating procedures.
- Basic tractor & telehandler driving to maintain the yard’s appearance.
- Maintaining farm equipment where necessary.
- Maintain biosecurity measures including replenishing boot dips etc.
- Following H&S guidelines and protocols to ensure a safe environment to all staff, students, and visitors.
- To work as an effective team member of Harper Adams University.
- Maintain own Continued Professional Development in the areas of agriculture, horticulture, and maintenance skills.
- Other duties as may reasonably be requested by your line manager.
- Training will be provided for H&S and COSHH related work.
Applications should be made by sending a full CV and supporting statement, which clearly highlights how your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, to Jayne Weaver via email to [email protected]
Candidates should ensure that they provide full details of the name, postal address, email address of two referees, including present or most recent employer by no later than 5pm Tuesday 9th May 2023.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.