About ESWET (www.eswet.eu)
ESWET is the European association of Waste-to-Energy technology suppliers and represents 37 companies involved in this field. Waste-to-Energy is an essential part of a sustainable waste management strategy as it treats non-recyclable waste that would otherwise be landfilled. ESWET’s aim is to promote the role of Waste-to-Energy in terms of sustainable waste management, reliable energy, and pollution prevention.
Please note that the Secretariat of ESWET, which includes this position, is run by CLERENS. Accordingly, while the Policy Officer will support the work of the public affairs team for ESWET, you will be hired by CLERENS.
About CLERENS (www.clerens.eu)
CLERENS is a leading public affairs and communications consultancy based in Brussels, specialised in advocacy, political and regulatory risk assessment, public funding and strategic communications. CLERENS consultants have an in-depth expertise in energy, environment, climate and mobility.
The Policy Officer will work on dedicated EU policy files related to the Circular Economy, but will also support the work of the full ESWET policy and communications team.
The main responsibilities include:
- Defining and implementing advocacy strategies related to EU policy on the circular economy (Waste legislation, carbon removals and utilisation, critical raw materials, etc);
- Liaising between ESWET and decision-makers as well as other stakeholders;
- Monitoring and reporting to ESWET members on the latest EU policy and legislative developments;
- Conducting research and preparing notes, presentation and position papers for the association;
- Preparing and participating in conferences, workshops and networking events;
- Leading the work of the internal Working Groups related to Incineration bottom ashes and, possibliy, Carbon capture¬ – utilisation and storage (CCUS);
- Working in close collaboration with the Communication Officer with press releases, articles, etc;
- Supporting the organisation of other meetings and committees involving Members and generally contributing to the management of the association.
Requirements and competencies:
- University degree in EU policy, advocacy, politics or any other relevant field;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the EU sector, including internships;
- Previous experience in the circular economy or waste treatment fields;
- Passionate about environmental topics, and ability to easily understand and communicate about complex technical issues;
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and plan to meet deadlines;
- Fluency in English is necessary; additional languages are an asset;
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and work on a wide range of issues;
- Ability to work in a close-knit team and flexibility.
- A challenging, multi-faceted role in a small team with room to grow and take on additional responsibilities;
- A stimulating and dynamic international environment;
- A comprehensive compensation package in line with qualifications and experience
To apply, please send a motivation letter and CV in English to Mr Aurélien Ballagny at [email protected] with “ESWET Policy officer” in the subject line.
Be aware that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival; therefore application as soon as possible is advisable. Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.