University of Vienna
Bitte warten / Please wait
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 184 fields of study, approx. 10.400 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Constitutional and Administrative Law
Reference number : 13820
The University Professor of Fundamental and Human Rights at the University of Vienna and Scientific Director of the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights (Univ.-Prof. Dr. Michael Lysander Fremuth) is recruiting a University Assistant (prae doc) with a research and teaching interest in the field of fundamental and human rights protection as well as a special focus regarding connections to national adminstrative law.
At best, applicants should additionally have respective knowledge in the field of Austrian constitutional law as well as a special interest in national administrative law.
Working place will be the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights, Freyung 6, 1010 Vienna, where the applicant will be working together with a motivated and diverse team in a friendly, collegial and ambitious working atmosphere.
The working languages of the Institute are German and English, therefore a sound knowledge of both languages is required.
Additionally, the possibility to attain a doctorate will be provided.
The advertisement is for 4 years, whereby the employment relationship is initially limited to 1.5 years and is automatically extended to a total of 4 years, unless the employer submits a declaration of non renewal after a maximum of 12 months.
Duration of employment: 4 year/s
Extent of Employment: 30 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement : §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) with relevant work
experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
– Support within the framework of FÜM III exam
– Participation in research projects / research studies
– Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
– We expect the succesful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months
– Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
– Supervision of students
– Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
– Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
– Master’s degree in Law
– Excellent written and verbal expression
– Excellent command of written and spoken English
– IT user skills
– Disposition for team work and ability to work under pressure
Desirable qualifications are:
– Teaching experience
– Publications or rather basic experience in research methods and academic writing
– Knowledge of university processes and structures
– Experience of acquisition and administration of third-party funds
– Experience in the field of event organisation
– Letter of motivation
– Academic curriculum vitae
– List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
– Degree certificates
– Short doctoral project proposal
– List of third-party funds
University of Vienna vacanciesineu.com
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.