At Stantec, we believe that growing into a great consulting services company happens from the inside out. We are constantly looking for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess and demonstrate determination, team spirit and a drive to do the extraordinary.
Stantec’s Belgium office is the seat of the International Division unit which includes the Center of Expertise in Communication and Stakeholder Engagement. At the Center, a multi-disciplinary team composed of digital campaign specialists, communication and visibility officers, social media and public relations officers and content editors, provides creative content support to projects and business development teams.
Our main clients are international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors. Our core expertise is communicating to communities about climate change adaptation, renewable energy and energy efficiency, as well as stakeholder’s engagement, including diplomacy, governance, and communication.
We are currently offering a paid traineeship for a
Trainee Graphic Designer to join our international and dynamic Center of Expertise to support our growth and ambition in the sector of Communication, Visibility and Policy Outreach.
The Graphic Designer Trainee is supporting Projects Management and Business Development teams in the creation of visuals and infographics for projects and bids.
Assisting the existing Graphic Designer in the
• Support in the layout and graphic design for different communication supports using In Design or Adobe Illustrator.
• Support in the creation of infographics, graphs, Gant charts, etc.
• Support in the creation of templates and layout, formatting of documents in Power Point and Word.
• Support in the creation of online and printed materials: magazines, newsletters, banners, roll-ups, invitations, business cards, folders, posters, social media creative content.
What we offer
• A six-month paid internship, specialising in communicating sustainable development goals, renewable energy, climate solutions and international projects all over the world.
Trainee Graphic Designer
Applicants should as a minimum have the following qualifications and demonstrate the following skills:
• BFA/BA in Graphic Design or relevant hands-on experience in editorial design, company brochure and marketing collaterals
• Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, as well as mailing tool such as Mailchimp
• Ability to work in a team and work under the supervision of a senior designer
• Eagerness to learn how to work under strict deadlines and be resilient to stress
• Eagerness to learn how to understand clients’ needs
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of English AND French (both spoken and written)
• Experience of print process & production during previous works during your study or previous traineeship.
• Eagerness to learn EU visibility rules is an asset.
• Eagerness to learn and collaborate on assignments with European Commission external aid activities.
A portfolio of work examples must be provided as Annex to the CV
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Business Development, Interns, Training
The internship will take place in our office in La Hulpe, Belgium and will start in as soon as possible for a period of max six months.
If you are ready to work in a fast-moving, international environment, please send your detailed CV (in English only) in electronic format quoting BDIntern/2023 to: [email protected]
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.