- County Antrim, Northern Ireland, Ireland
- £21673.60 – £23000 per annum + van, commission, overtime
- Main Industry:
- Search Engineering Jobs
- Other Industries & Skills:
- Concept Resourcing
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 05 September 2023
Whirlpool are one of the world’s leading household appliance brands and we are giving YOU the opportunity to train and qualify as a Trainee Engineer with the top global domestic appliance manufacturer.
Are you looking for a Trainee Engineer role that has x2026; world class training, a clear progression path, job security, as well as a great reward scheme? Then we could have the perfect role for you!
The Academy is open to anyone that has an interest in mechanics or engineering, enjoys being on the road and being customer facing, as well as a desire to develop a career as a Field Engineer.
Through our Academy, we will provide you with fully comprehensive FIRST CLASS training, including classroom, workshop and theory with our expert trainers.
Once qualified you will become the ultimate repair engineer, who’s fully equipped to deal with appliance issues that occur within a customer’s home.
What will I do as a Trainee Engineer?
* Field based role driving a company van and attending customer’s homes.
* Managing your own day effectively
* Carrying out repairs, diagnosis and testing of domestic appliances
* Stock management
* Being an ambassador for Whirlpool and giving your customers 100% satisfaction
What do I need to become a Trainee Engineer?
* Fantastic customer service skills, energetic, driven and great attention to detail
* Right to work in the UK & Full Manual Clean UK Driving License with liscence being held for 12 months minimum
* Must be aged 21 or over due to motor insurance policy
* Ideally an appropriate external delivery point for a courier to have access to deliver stock e.g. (garage, storage unit, large shed minimum 50 sq foot)
* Please note, this role can be very physically demanding and will require lifting heavy appliances
Who would the role of Trainee Engineer suit?
* A long-term goal to be trained as a qualified Field Service Engineer
* Strong interest in an engineering / electrical discipline
* Someone that loves to be customer facing and customer service is at the heart of everything they do
* Loves being hands on and not afraid to get their hands dirty.
The Academy includes a fully expensed training course at clients Head Office in Peterborough (overnight stays required) which consists of attending the Training Centre for 1.5 days for a Welcome, Induction, H&S, Uniform & PPE. You will then shadow an experienced engineer in the field to really get a feel for the job and see what being a Field Service Engineer is like. You’ll head back to HQ for your Phase 1 of training for just under 3 weeks then back on the road for 6 weeks to put your skills to the test. After Phase 1 has been completed, you will attend training for a further 2 weeks to complete your Phase 2 Training.
We are with you every step of the way! Full technical and operational support from Whirlpool and full administrative support from Concept Resourcing for the duration of your contract.
What’s on offer from the Concept Academy and Whirlpool?
* Starting salary of GBP21,673.60 with an increase to GBP23,000 after completion of 6 months
* Commission & overtime
* Workplace pension contribution
* Company van & fuel card
* 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Access to Perkbox – Employee access to 285+ perks and discounts, Liquid Perks, Access to 24/7 GP
* Payable through an umbrella company (all associated costs are covered by Concept Resourcing)
* 12 month contract with a view to achieve a permanent role
* Once permanent role has been achieved you are offered a competitive salary, company pension, double holiday pay, additional earning potential & a range of other benefits.
This is a fantastic role for anyone who want to become a Trainee Engineer and embark on an exciting career with a world leading brand.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.