For the subjects: chemical, process, environmental or mechanical engineering, or related field
Are you interested in exploring the potential benefits of digital transformation for the chemical industry? Do you want to understand how Chemistry 4.0 can enhance sustainability performance and contribute to a more sustainable future and a circular economy? This thesis will investigate the integration of digital technologies into the chemical industry, focusing on the benefits of digital transformation on topics such as process optimization, waste reduction, and resource efficiency. Through an in-depth analysis of digital solutions like environmental information systems and artificial intelligence, this thesis will assess the current state of digital transformation in the chemical industry, identify key challenges and opportunities, and highlight the importance of Chemistry 4.0 towards achieving environmental, social and economic goals. If we have picked your interest, please apply now via our online portal. We look forward to receiving your application!
What you will do
- Start date: October 2023
- Structured research and analysis of scientific literature on relevant topics
- Preparation of your own research hypothesis, objectives and structure of the thesis with support and guidance from your supervisor at Fraunhofer IPA
- Scientific elaboration, analysis and presentation of research results in a final thesis
- Possibility to publish the results in the form of a study, a white paper or as peer-reviewed
What you bring to the table
- Student (m/f/d) of chemical, process, environmental or mechanical engineering or related field.
- Interest in the areas of sustainable production, resource efficiency and digitalization.
- High motivation, commitment, and willingness to learn new topics.
- Analytical thinking, independent and structured way of working.
- Good MS Office skills. Optional: previous EndNote/Citavi knowledge.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Thesis language: English
What you can expect
- Opportunity to research future-oriented topics and incorporate your own ideas
- Insights into one of the largest Fraunhofer Institutes
- Interdisciplinary and friendly work environment
- Flexible working hours and location. Home Office is possible.
- Close supervision and support throughout the development of your thesis
The weekly working time is 39 hours. This position is also available on a part-time basis. We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Frau Lisa Bauer
Tel. +49 711 970-3681
Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA
Requisition Number: 68569 Application Deadline:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.