The technology of two-stage gasification makes it possible to better adapt the process conditions in the individual stages to the physico-chemical fuel properties and thus to thermochemically convert even difficult feedstocks, such as straw, into synthesis gas and ash with residual carbonate. In these two-stage processes, the plant parameters can be specifically adapted to the feedstock for optimum process control. Depending on the feedstock, these plant parameters and the composition of the main product (synthesis gas) differ. Carry out commissioning of the continuous pilot plant set up in the pilot plant and demonstrate the operation of the plant with various biogenic feedstocks. You will also analyze the composition of the hydrogen-rich synthesis gas.
What you will do
Work on a new and patented technology for the utilization of biogenic residual materials
Commissioning, operation and optimization of a continuous pilot plant for thermochemical conversion of biomass
mechanical preparation and post-processing of tests at the pilot plant as well as modification activities at the plant
- Investigations with different feedstocks and oxygen numbers with regard to selectivity, conversion and product quality
- Carrying out and evaluating tests and presenting the test results
- Carrying out research activities
- Collaboration in scientific projects
What you bring to the table
- Studies with technical background (mechanical engineering, process engineering, renewable energies, environmental engineering, etc.)
- interest in practical work on experimental plants as well as preparation and follow-up of experiments and test results
- reliable way of working and ability to work in a team
- ability to express yourself scientifically, both verbally and in writing, in German and English
- basic knowledge of German and English (B1 or B2 level)
- high flexibility and ability to work under pressure
Nice to have:
- previous experience in the field of plant commissioning
- previous experience in the field of thermochemical conversion processes
What you can expect
- Be a part of our team to shape a resource-saving future together.
- We offer a varied, creative working day at the interface between business and science
- We live modern working models, such as New Work and Diversity
- Flexitime, home office, digital – we offer you flexible and mobile working as well as a wide range of options for work-life balance
- Right from the start, we support you in your individual career development through comprehensive further development offers as well as accompanying programs
- We support our employees by offering comprehensive health and mindfulness programs for a good work-life balance
- You can find even more attractive benefits here: Fraunhofer UMSICHT as an employer
The weekly working time is 39 hours. This position is also available on a part-time basis. We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability. Remuneration according to the general works agreement for employing assistant staff.
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Questions about this position will be answered:
Mr. Wolfgang Gebhard
phone: +49 (0) 9661 8155-630
Fraunhofer Institute for Environmental, Safety, and Energy Technology UMSICHT
Requisition Number: 68524 Application Deadline:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.