About the Role
Social Development Direct (SDDirect), a cutting edge and growing international development organisation, is recruiting for a junior development consultant/researcher to support our work across our key thematic areas of work (see more on our core programme portfolios in the section below). This Technical Analyst (TA) role sits within SDDirect’s Technical Team (the consultant and research department).
This is an entry level role in the UK’s leading international consultancy and research organisation in the field of social development. As a TA, you will focus on technical support, research and delivery across a range of SDDirect programmes and contracts in different portfolio areas.
We are seeking candidates who are self-starting, flexible and keen to acquire diverse experience in the field of social development and who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, specialist social development consultancy organisation serving the wider international development sector. Please read on to learn more about the role and what we are looking for in applications.
Summary of role
Reports to: Senior Technical Specialist
Location: This is a UK-based role. You must have eligibility to reside and work in the UK. Our London Head Office works on a hybrid basis – we are open to flexible working.
Travel: Subject to appropriate safety measures, undertake international and national travel on consultancy and research assignments as may be needed.
Appointment term: This is a full time, permanent appointment.
Remuneration Package: £26,000 – £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical and research support
- Provide research, analysis, consultancy, facilitation and other technical support to a range of thematic portfolios on their consultancy and research assignments.
- Support project/programme management and delivery, including coordination and client liaison.
- Provide high quality services to a range of clients including government departments such as the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, international agencies, non-governmental organisations, foundations and consultancy partners.
- Contribute to positive relationships and collaboration with clients and partners.
- Support quality assurance processes to ensure the delivery of products and services to clients at a high standard of professionalism.
- Support compliance with SDDirect project management requirements, client specifications and contractual obligations – including timely reporting, recording of consultant inputs, contract budget monitoring, and use of the SDDirect online project management system.
Business development and growth
- Support the growth of SDDirect’s portfolio of work by contributing to design, analytical, research, content and writing support to relevant expressions of interest, bids and research proposals for prospective clients.
Team support, networking and learning
- Provide support as needed to the coordination, convening, team-building, learning, knowledge management, communications, networking and representation activities of the Technical Team (internal and external).
- Support the development of SDDirect’s body of knowledge and practice, strategic thinking, intellectual leadership and planning, staying abreast of current thinking methodologies and good practice in the field.
- Collaborate respectfully and effectively with colleagues and stakeholders from a variety of experience levels, backgrounds and cultures.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please refer to the Person Specification & submit your tailored CV and cover letter here. The deadline for applying is Tuesday 3rd Oct 2023.
As this is a UK-based role, please confirm your eligibility to reside and work in the UK as part of your covering letter.