A.I.S.E., located in Brussels, is the official representative of the Cleaning and Maintenance Products industry in Europe. The membership consists of 29 national associations across Europe, 17 corporate members and 15 value chain partners, covering in total 900 companies supplying household and professional cleaning products across Europe. We have been the voice of the industry for more than 70 years and through our industry sustainability initiatives are delivering significant improvements in the environmental performance of our industry at every stage of the life cycle. We are a science and evidence-based trade association that seeks to work proactively and collaboratively with EU institutions, international organisations, NGOs, industry partners and other stakeholders.
A.I.S.E. with a multicultural and dynamic team of 18 staff members is recruiting two Sustainability Managers to contribute to our scientific-regulatory and policy work on the key sustainability issues affecting our industry and on driving environmental improvements across the industry.
Reporting to the Director for Sustainability, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing activities related to A.I.S.E.’s sustainability strategy for the household and professional cleaning and maintenance products’ industry sector. Depending on your profile, this could include product sustainability criteria, ingredients safety assessment (incl. biodegradability, ‘Safe and Sustainable by Design’), packaging and packaging waste, circular feedstocks (sustainable sourcing and the use of circular carbon) and European Sustainability policy. In addition, you will:
- Manage projects and activities with the support from industry experts.
- Monitor, evaluate and develop industry positions on legislative developments concerning European Sustainability policy, including the EU Circular Economy Action Plan.
- Contribute to the revision of the industry’s sustainability standards.
- Write articles for scientific publications and A.I.S.E. publications.
- Education: University degree in Sustainability, life/environmental sciences, or other scientific studies (incl. toxicity assessment, toxicology, Life-Cycle Assessment); or European politics/law, economics, or international relations.
- Minimum 3 years relevant sustainability experience, trade association experience a plus.
- Good understanding of the EU legislative framework on sustainability (esp.EU CEAP)
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; other EU languages an asset.
- Good organisational and project management skills, able to handle several dossiers in parallel.
- Proactive and flexible team-player with an open and international mind-set.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team as required.
- EU national or Belgian permanent work permit – Brussels based or able to relocate to Brussels.
Please send your CV & motivation letter by 9 June 2023 to Caroline Dubois ([email protected]) Interviews will be scheduled for the second half of June.
All candidates’ information will be treated confidentially.
The selection procedure will be based on CVs and motivation letters followed by job interviews.
By sending your application for this position, you understand and agree that the personal information contained or that will be provided during the selection process (interviews, emails, etc.), shall be processed by the association with a view to assess your candidacy for the open position as well as building up a recruitment reserve for future positions. Such processing is justified by the legitimate interest of the association. The data shall not be held longer than necessary and in any case not more than 1 year. (Unless you are hired in which case your CV shall be held in the data base relating to your employment.) You have the right to obtain without any costs and at any time access to your personal data, to correct it, erase it, limit their use, oppose to the processing, or request the portability of the data. You have the right to file a complaint to the data privacy commission. By sending your application, you certify that the data are accurate and consent to the extent allowed by law to a pre-employment background check by the association and seeking references to confirm the data provided.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.