Pilgrims' Friend Society
Supporter Engagement Officer
Are you passionate about making a difference and building meaningful connections?
Do you thrive in a dynamic and engaging work environment? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Pilgrims’ Friend Society is a dynamic and dedicated charity committed to supporting our valued supporters and enhancing their engagement with our mission. We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Supporter Engagement Officer to join our team.
As a Supporter Engagement Officer, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to provide exceptional support to our supporters. You will be the first point of contact for our valued donors and supporters, ensuring their queries are answered promptly and professionally. Your responsibilities will encompass database management, acknowledgement of donations, event support, and proactive supporter engagement initiatives.
At Pilgrims’ Friend Society, our key focus is on supporting those who live at our care homes and housing schemes to live fulfilled lives in later life, maintaining the Christian ethos that is important to many of them. The work of our Support Office, of which the Marketing & Communications Team is a part, supports this core organisational aim.
- Reporting into the Supporter Engagement Manager, you will assist the Supporter Engagement Manager in increasing the number of active and engaged supporters.
- Be the friendly and informed voice of our organisation, responding to supporter inquiries via email and phone.
- Maintain our supporter database with accuracy and efficiency, ensuring data integrity.
- Collaborate with the team to plan and execute engaging fundraising events.
- Work closely with the Head of Fundraising to ensure financial data is accurate and readily available.
- Be the face of Pilgrims’ Friend Society at events and exhibitions, fostering positive relationships with attendees.
- Provide additional support to the Supporter Engagement Manager and Head of Fundraising as required.
- Ad hoc duties
Have a look at the job description here
- Previous experience in the charity sector, particularly in supporter engagement or a related field.
- Exceptional organisational abilities with a proactive mindset.
- A customer-focused mindset with the ability to handle telephone inquiries effectively.
- Creative thinking and a naturally inquisitive nature.
- Strong database management skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- The ability to work independently and with colleagues from across the organisation
- A can-do problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to travel to attend events.
Applicants must be evangelical Christians (Occupational Requirement under Regulation 7(3)of the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) regulations 2003).
Part-time contract, working 28 hours a week between Monday to Friday.
- Salary: £29,000 (pro rata)
- Hybrid working
- 5 Weeks’ paid holiday per year, as well as bank and public holidays
- Training & development
- Ongoing support from management
- Perkbox – including an Employee assistance programme.
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
— What our staff say about us: …“It is a friendly and welcoming place to work” … —
Pilgrims’ Friend Society is a registered charity. Our Christian ethos is central to everything we plan and do. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Pilgrims’ Friend Society
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.