50Hertz Transmission GmbH
Your Job Offer at 50Hertz Transmission GmbH (Elia Group)
Supplier and Contract Manager (f/m/d)
Place of work: Berlin-Mitte – Heidestraße 2, 10557 Berlin
Entry date: As soon as possible
Permanent Full-time (37 hours per week)
Job ID: 6726
Elia Group, Berlin
The Elia Group encompasses two major transmission system operators (TSOs) in two European regions: Elia Transmission in Belgium and 50Hertz Transmission in northeast Germany, one of the four German TSOs. Both TSOs operate at the heart of the European electricity system as they provide vital links between the various electricity producers and their 30 million end users. The Group’s high voltage network, with its intricately meshed 18,600 km grid, transports the electricity generated by the producers to the distribution system operators and major industrial consumers.
The Elia Group Procurement Team is located partly in Brussels, partly at the 50Hertz Headquarters in Berlin. The department plays a key role in the delivery of a qualitative, cost-effective and on-time grid infrastructure for both TSOs. Here, in Berlin (at the main station), the Elia Group offers the unlimited position Contract and Supplier Manager Electrical Equipment.
Build trusting relationship with suppliers and manage contracts of the electrical equipment of the 50Hertz grid.
As a Contract and Supplier Manager, you will be responsible to ensure the on time supply of electrical equipment within your category in the right quality, you will actively communicate with suppliers to secure the supply in an uncertain market environment and be a bridge between suppliers and internal stakeholders.
This includes the following main tasks:
- You use your strong analytical thinking skills and high orientation towards solutions to ensure the proper execution of the contracts by the suppliers in conformity with the contractual terms and conditions,
- By applying your understanding of diverse perspectives, you act as a first point of contact within Elia for suppliers and for various internal stakeholders,
- With your affinity for and high skills in negotiations, you conduct mini-competitions under framework agreements and reach reasonable agreements in case of changes, disputes, unforeseen situations or claims,
- You bring in your distinctive sense for quality in onboarding new suppliers, e.g. in pilot projects together with relevant internal stakeholders, and thus ensure the quality of products and procedures across the entire supply chain.
In your job, you use both your assertiveness and your empathy in order to manage the cooperation with different stakeholders ranging from the internal engineering department to the suppliers in the whole world.
- You have a Master’s degree in a technical-commercial or engineering field or you have an economics background with strong interest for technical aspects and projects (or equivalent knowledge acquired through experience),
- You have at least basic experience in contract management, account management, or strategic procurement,
- You are open to travel occasionally to suppliers’ factories (in Europe), to our work sites all over the 50 Hertz grid and to our headquarter in Brussels,
- You are fluent in German and English (at least B2).
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of French or Dutch (spoken and written),
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Individual training opportunities,
- A modern working environment in the city centre (directly at the main station),
- 30 days holiday,
- A company restaurant with fresh prepared meals,
- Free beverages (coffee, cocoa, tea, water),
- A company Kindergarten and a parent & child office for short-term care bottlenecks,
- Company pension scheme,
- A multiple award-winning employer: Top Company (kununu, 2023); FairCompany (Handelsblatt, 2023); Most Wanted Employer (Die Zeit, 2022); Top Employer for IT Jobs (CHIP, 2022); Dream Employer: Innovative. Digital. Sustainable (FAZ Institute, 2022); Fair training & fair trainee program (Trendence, 2022); Germany’s most family-friendly companies (Freundin, 2022).,
- for more details visit our career website.
Flexi Compass – see how flexible this vacancy is
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
We are looking forward to your application (including your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date or your current notice period). Please send us your application in English. Right now, we are constantly screening new incoming applications, so please apply as soon as possible using our online application form.
Please do not hesitate to apply, even if you do not match the competence profile 1:1 in all points.
Would you like to learn more about the job? Or do you have questions about the task?
- Then write to and let us know your availability for a phone call,
- Please include the Job-ID 3104 in the subject line,
- We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The 50Hertz Disabled Persons Representative (SBV) () will be glad to advise you confidentially, including on the accessibility of our workplaces. If you would like to mention your (severe) disability already in the application form and/or your application, we will forward your application to the SBV so that they can actively support your application from the beginning.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH – a company of the European Elia Group
Human Resources, Verena Niebur ,
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.