Supervisor Medical Sales
At Abbott, we’re dedicated to helping people live more fully, in everything we do. We’re creating the future of healthcare through life-changing technologies and products that make you healthier and stronger, quickly identify when you have a
medical need, and treat conditions to help you get back to doing what you love.
With headquarters in north suburban Chicago, we serve people in more than 160 countries with leading medical devices, diagnostics, nutrition products and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues are helping millions of people to live better and healthier, every day around the world.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- A company named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Spain – Madrid location in the Structural Heart (SH) division. Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
As a Supervisor Medical Sales , you’ll have the chance to sssure consistent implant and sales growth and achievement of sales goals and targets in assigned territory by identifying opportunities and gaining new business growing the market while maintaining existing business.
What You’ll Do
- Manage logistics between the site and Abbott related to procedural support
- Identify and assist in the resolution of issues of procedures
- Maintain Registry with the site
- Screen patients with echocardiologist to ensure that site personnel have the skills require to determine patient eligibility
- Call on referring physicians to present Mitraclip/ Triclip technology and the study data
- Organize outreach events for referring physicians. Dinner presentations, courses, etc.
- Help develop ´´promotional´´ materials for referring physicians to use in patient recruitment.
- Identify opportunities and implement programs to streamline patient screening and procedures scheduling.
- Provide technical support to clinicians Mitral and Tricuspid
- Demonstrate procedural steps for all involved physicians and staff at sites. Conduct in-service programs for not only the Cath lab staff, but for ICU personnel as well
- Develop and implement field-based physician and staff training programs
- Communicate physician feedback and personnel input from case observations
- People Management & development
- ensuring the sales teams are focused on priority areas of business; building/maintaining close contact with key customers.
- Customer negotiation in the assigned area
- Grows the business/local market by identifying /encouraging the identification of new market niches and opportunities for MS products; developing/reviewing by customer visit and referral activities
- Work with Marketing to Develop materials according to Abbott policies
- Focus in Market development: Referral activities
- Assist in special projects and other activities as required.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
- When tasks and responsibilities are assigned outside the scope of normal duties, the employee must understand the level of decision making for which he/she is responsible and if in doubt clarify this with his/her supervisor
Education : Health Care Science
BS/BA in life sciences or marketing
Background: Cardiology and/or Surgery Knowledge
Skills and experience
Strong sales orientation
Strong clinical orientation
Versatile: able to influence a variety of clinician personality types
Strong analytical skills: able to identify and resolve issue and adapt best practices across institutions
Unsurpassed communication and interpersonal skills: to build relationships and obtain result
Well-developed computer skills
Ability to work 2D visualization to construct mental 3D device position
Willingness to travel extensively (
30% of the time)
Experience with products for use in international cardiology and cardiac surgery
Familiarity of echocardiography or other indirect imaging is strong preferred
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is N/A
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
JOB FAMILY: Sales Force
DIVISION: SH Structural Heart
Madrid : Building One
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 50 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Not Applicable
Wed, 10 Jan 2024 00:53:18 GMT
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.