The Fraunhofer »Supply Chain Services SCS« group uses data to optimize processes, organizations and business models by combining economic methods and technological solutions with mathematical methods and models. The »Optimization« group in the Analytics department uses methods of mathematical optimization (e.g. linear, mixed-integer, stochastic or robust optimization) to assist in planning and controlling logistical and industrial processes along the supply chain.
You are passionate about data analytics and excited about the combination of research and practice?
Then have a look at our offer!
What you will do
- You support us in the processing of concrete data analytics projects (e.g. »HerzKISO«: Optimized Defibrillator Placement, »Optimization of Tea Blending«) in modeling, implementation and evaluation
- You will be responsible for data collection and processing as well as research in the context of our diverse research and industry projects
- You contribute to the application and further development of mathematical optimization methods in different contexts, for example to save resources and to promote sustainability
What you bring to the table
- You are a student of a degree program with a data-driven focus (e.g. business mathematics, mathematics, statistics, business informatics, computer science, data science)
- You possess a good understanding of mathematics, especially in the area of mathematical optimization
- You are experienced in the programming language Python
- You have good knowledge in the common MS-Office applications
- You work independently, thoroughly and show self-initiative
What you can expect
- Flexible working hours
- Open and friendly team work
- Varied tasks with room for creativity
- Exciting seminars and events
- Networking with scientists
- Active contribution in applied research
- Interesting an innovative projects
- Mentoring program »josephine®« for talented female students
Weekly working hours are determined by agreement. You can start from now on (as a student assistant from 8 to 15 hours a week or as an intern for a period of at least three months). You can reduce your hours before exams and increase them during semester breaks. You can flexibly determine the working days. After your studies, you have the option of working with us full or part time.
We would be happy to offer you the opportunity to write a bachelor’s or master’s thesis in cooperation with us in the above-mentioned subject area. The thesis will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the thesis with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Apply online now (PDF: cover letter, CV, transcripts). We look forward to getting to know you!
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number: 66166 Application Deadline: none
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.