SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, GLOBAL LICENSING & ACTIVATION, SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA (STARLINK)
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband to the world. As a member of the Global Licensing and Activation team, you will manage a portfolio of countries, interfacing internally and externally, to enable Starlink to become licensed as an internet service provider and bring the country online, so it can serve people and enterprises around the world in the near future. This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, reporting to the team located at our McGregor, TX location.
For each country assigned:
- Develop comprehensive and accurate understanding of market licensing requirements and timelines
- Drive the schedule for initial market licensing and activation to enable rapid growth of operations
- Obtain authorization to operate by applying for and obtaining necessary licenses and approvals, including the preparation of applications/information submittals and coordination of necessary internal inputs and reviews
- Support and educate internal stakeholders on market licensing timeframes, working collaboratively to achieve company objectives
- Represent and promote Starlink to national administrations, regulators, legislatures, and regional organizations
- Advise the business on post-licensing initiatives including but not limited to driving the internal organization by completing necessary steps required to launch a country (such as entity formation, tax readiness, customs approvals, import/logistics planning, terms and conditions formatting, e-invoicing, payment processor onboarding, website updating, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience with international business or regulatory affairs
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Current residency and work authorization in Africa
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in English with multi-lingual proficiency in Swahili, Arabic, Portuguese or French
- Experience interpreting and negotiating technical requirements
- Demonstrated success working in an environment with competing priorities and aggressive schedules
- Experience with licensing telecommunications hardware and/or services
- Ability to define and manage a project independently
- Advanced coursework or work experience in international business/studies or regulatory affairs
- Knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology
- We will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Kenya
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- SpaceX does not yet have regional offices in all regions of the world. Depending on the candidate identified, this role may not work from a SpaceX office
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.