As a Sr. BIE in the team you will own our analytical tools, be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our data warehouse and build new business intelligence solutions end-to-end. You’ll work directly across all teams to provide valuable data-driven insights and recommendations. You will create reporting and analysis that the business will use to measure all aspects of operational performance, and drive both incremental improvement to existing tools and processes and large scale changes in our tools, user interfaces, processes and overall business organization.You will use your experience to develop solutions including ETLs, Quicksight dashboards, R Shiny applications and prototype Machine Learning in applications related to Business, Deals, Supply Chain and Pricing.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Munich (DE), Luxembourg (LUX), London (UK)
Key job responsibilities
1. Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards and data solutions that will support our analytical and business needs.
2. Identify technical solutions to solve the business problem including evaluation of platform/dashboard required, technical solution review, data design approach review, validation, code review, UAT testing and launch in line with best practices
3. Independently drive projects and prioritization between projects to earn trust from stakeholders
4. Drive seamless data/reporting and insights to enable data backed decision making, and drive leadership clarity around business metrics by enabling MBRs/QBRs/Pillar reviews/OP1 discussions.
5. Drive yearly roadmap of automation projects for the function/pillar after collection of OP1 requests and alignment on prioritization (ATL/BTL) with Leadership/Mgmt team.
6. Drive documentation of your designs (e.g., System Design, Functional Design, Data Flow Design) clearly articulating trade-offs in solution decisions and choices.
7. Use data science/statistical modelling tools in partnership with other BIEs and Data Scientists to develop next generation analytics.
A day in the life
The day in the life of a BIE would involve managing multiple BI projects in a particular/multiple domains (across business, pricing, deals or supply chain) for WW HPB across various stages of different projects. Day-to-day activities to include meetings across stakeholders on understanding business requirements, connecting with fellow BIEs to identify source data tables, brainstorming with Private Brand Intelligence (PBI) Tech team on potential technical solutions/actions, data design review with BIEs, sprint prioritization reviews, code review through Maestro with fellow BIEs and driving trainings/documentation/launch announcement as we get into launch.
We aim to work 70% of the time on Roadmap projects while the other 30% is dedicated to maintenance tasks and solving issues we could have in some of our data pipelines or data products. Those data products can vary from QuickSight Dashboards to Web Applications or simple Excel Reports.
You as a BIE in the WW HPB BI team would focus on operational excellence: constructively identifying quality issues, proposing solutions when necessary, taking on projects that improve the team’s BI solutions, and making them better and easier to maintain. You use your expertise and knowledge of the business and its technologies to drive insightful discussions with customers and can anticipate (acting as the analytics partner for the business) —and possibly influence—their future requirements. You are expected to show good judgment when making trade-offs between your team’s investment (e.g. team prioritization, data retention policy, infrastructure costs) and the business need.
About the team
The mission of Hardlines Private Brands (HPB) is to build the most trusted and loved brands on Amazon, improving the customer experience and driving incremental profit for Amazon. We deliver a product assortment that offers incremental value for customers in terms of sustainability, reliability, safety, availability, price and speed compared to competitive products, which reinforces Amazon’s low price-high value perception and drives repeat store visits. We drive growth and profitability by clearly communicating to our customers through a streamlined brand which gives a clear signal to customers that they can buy with confidence, making faster and easier purchase decisions amidst the vast array of similar products sold in Amazon’s stores. The BI team in WW HPB team works along with world-wide BI teams (based out of NA/CN/JP) to develop data/insight solutions for driving data backed business decisions.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– 7+ years of SQL experience
– Experience programming to extract, transform and clean large (multi-TB) data sets
– Experience with theory and practice of design of experiments and statistical analysis of results
– Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python) and advanced SQL skills.
– Experience with AWS technologies
– Experience with theory and practice of information retrieval, data science, machine learning and data mining
– Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
– Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
– Experience in the data/BI space
– Experience with SQL
– Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior leadership
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.