The Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium, CERIC-ERIC, is seeking a Software Architect.
CERIC is a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) integrating and providing open access to some of the most advanced analytical facilities in Europe to help science and industry advance in all fields of materials, biomaterials and nanotechnology, with a focus on energy materials and life sciences. With a single entry point to some of the leading national research infrastructures in 8 European countries, it enables the delivery of innovative solutions to societal challenges in the fields of energy, health, food, cultural heritage and more.
The ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field; or another degree with extensive relevant experience will also be considered;
- Minimum 3 years or more Software Architect experience in web applications with a user interface and a RESTAPI backend and deploying to customer-facing production environments;
- Experience developing REST APIs for secure and scalable applications;
- Experience with Web services development using SOAP and REST;
- Experience working with one or more SQL relational databases.
Nice to have assets:
- PMI/PMO Certification, Scrum master/Agile certifications, ITIL/COBIT frameworks certifications;
- Knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL.
Management and communication skills:
- Ability to share and delegate activities to make sure the solutions are developed in a timely manner;
- Ability to act as a team member, as well as having the capacity to support its team by acting autonomously to proof and benchmark ideas and practices.
- Establishing coding standards, guidelines and project practices;
- Architect the web application to provide appropriate levels of abstraction among layers of the application;
- Manage and overview multiple software lifecycle streams;
- Manage resource use and allocation;
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and requirements for software;
- Interact with stakeholders to formalize project requirements;
- Oversee and support the coaching and training of team members to ensure all necessary employees are confident in the use of software applications;
- Ensure software security by developing and documenting the programs according to industry best practices;
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What we offer:
The possibility to work remotely, a competitive salary and extensive development opportunities. The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Benefits include meal vouchers, education and training.
To apply for this job, please send your CV and a motivation letter by email within the 28th of February to [email protected] with the following subject: Software Architect.
For further information, please contact: [email protected].
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.