- Norwich (NR6) – Norfolk, East Anglia, United Kingdom
- £27344 – £29439 per annum
- Start Date:
- Contract Period:
- dec 2026 FT
- Main Industry:
- Search Health, Nursing & Social Services Jobs
- Bluetownonline Ltd
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 14 April 2023
Job Title: Social Worker (Degree) Apprentice
Salary: GBP27,344 to GBP29,439 per annum (Grade G)
Job type: Full Time Fixed term contract until December 2026
Are you motivated to train to become a registered social worker?
Norfolk County Council is excited to offer social work apprenticeship posts starting in January 2024. The posts will be based across the county in a range of locations.
To be eligible for the social work apprenticeship programme you will need:
* At least two years full time (or equivalent) direct experience of working with children and families or adults with care and support needs
* Level 3 qualifications that are equivalent to 96 UCAS points (e.g. 3 A Levels at grade C or equivalent including BTEC, NVQ, Access to HE), or any higher level qualification.
* GCSEs in English or English Language and Mathematics at grade C/4 or above, or an approved equivalent such as functional skills level 2.
* A full driving licence and use of a vehicle – or confirm that you’ll be able to travel for work if you do not have a vehicle.
These are some benefits you can enjoy by working for Norfolk County Council:
* Competitive salary
* Generous holiday entitlement with the ability to buy and sell leave
* Health and Wellbeing services including fast-track physiotherapy and a free counselling service
* Flexible working opportunities including flexi-time, part time, remote and hybrid working – dependant on your job role and business need.
Financial benefits such as:
* Norfolk Rewards our employee discounts programme which helps you save money on almost anything, from everyday groceries and clothes, to holidays, new technology, gym membership, trips to the cinema and days out
* A Blue Light card for Fire Service and Social Care Workers
* An advance of your expenses if you travel for work
* Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution, life assurance, death in service payments and dependants’ pensions.
* A payment if you refer someone you know to a hard to fill job.
* Tax efficient ways of getting extra pension, new bikes and electric cars.
Application closing date: 5pm on 28th April 2023
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.