World Food Programme (WFP)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Short-listed candidates may be subject to written assessment.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables, please acknowledge the level of this consultancy offer and be aware that as per UN policy any negotiation based merely on personal cv is not allowed.
This consultancy assignment is renewable upon funding.
Visit the website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org – Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about our operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the Organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030
Saving Lives, Changing Lives!
JOB TITLE: ShareTheMeal Partnerships Manager (MENA)
UNIT/DIVISION: Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PPF)
DUTY STATION: Dubai, UAE
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular Consultant (CST Level II)
DURATION: 11 months
LINE MANAGER/SUPERVISOR: Head of ShareTheMeal Partnerships
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change. Around 20,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor.
ShareTheMeal is WFP’s fundraising and awareness-raising app. Free to download, the award-winning app is a pioneering way for people to join our efforts in creating a world with zero hunger. ShareTheMeal was launched in 2015 as the first pilot of WFP’s Innovation Accelerator, which among other things supports start-ups and innovators in developing their ideas for zero hunger.
Over 1 million ShareTheMeal supporters worldwide have shared more than 160 million meals (US$ 100 million). WFP is pursuing an ambitious growth strategy for individual giving, and ShareTheMeal is a key driver for this strategy going forward. The team, located in Berlin and around the globe, is focused on further developing the app and platform to include new and innovative features, and on increasing the engagement of existing users and growing the user base through marketing and communication initiatives.
Leveraging the existing and upcoming CSR Partnerships and Partner API integration features of ShareTheMeal, WFP is seeking an individual who is driving these partnerships forward. The role includes aspects of Business Development and Account Management with geographic focus on MENA.
The Consultant, reporting to the Head of ShareTheMeal Partnerships, is expected to:
• Proactively, identify and prospect high value fundraising partnerships with the corporate and corporate foundation sector: Work collaboratively as part of the ShareTheMeal team in collaboration with the PPF Business Development team to selectively identify, research and screen target corporates and corporate foundations, then develop successful approaches for potential new partners including relationship and network mapping.
• Secure multimillion dollar, innovative and/or technical partnerships, that add genuine value to WFP and partner organizations by leveraging ShareTheMeal partnerships propositions and features.
• Develop and manage relations with existing partners, incl. on contractual agreements; monitor and report on partnership performance (incl. donation impact, donor quality, etc.)
• Work collaboratively with internal programme focal points and experts to identify and create compelling materials and value propositions, bespoke for the private sector audience.
• Bring best practices to the team, proactively making suggestions to improve processes
• Develop/contribute to effective pitches to sell WFP as a partner of choice: collaborate with PPF Global Services support team to develop and customize ‘pitch’ materials for successful approaches as well as materials to support senior-level meetings with prospects and potential partners.
• Negotiation preparation: Independently lead or participate in negotiations, secure contracts, and agree on partner expectations.
• Monitor and report upon progress against KPIs for prospect pipeline under direct responsibility.
• Support WFP to utilise external awareness events to drive business development/fundraising opportunities: support global events (such as conferences, forums, panels, and roundtables) convening multinational corporates to position WFP as a ‘go to’ organization for partnership; provide inputs for Private Sector Partnerships leadership team to grow WFP’s presence at events and transform WFP into “go to” brand for new fundraising partners.
• Keep supervisors abreast of key private sector trends and NGO partnerships related to WFP’s work.
• Support WFP offices in major city capitals, WFP Programme teams Regional Bureaus and Country Office focal points: support and advise on local fundraising efforts and new business opportunities.
• Liaise with PPF Global Services team on due diligence process and contracting.
• Work together and collaborate with the PPF Global Business Development Team, Account Management Team and especially with the Dubai-based Partnership and Communications team
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
The ShareTheMeal Partnerships Manager (MENA) will be responsible for driving and executing the global prospecting strategy (financial and technical contributions), with corporations and corporate foundations specifically in the MENA region. Deliverables for this post include:
• Securing new high-value six or seven-figure corporate or corporate foundation partnerships
• Establishing an active prospect pipeline and business development funnel
• Managing the entire end-to end business development lifecycle including identification of new prospects, screening, stewarding, negotiating, and securing new partnerships
• Delivering and monitoring progress against KPIs and individual targets set for this post
• Creating compelling proposals and materials to attract, cultivate and engage new audiences
• Translating complex programme material into compelling pitches and value propositions
• Developing and managing relations with existing partners, incl. on contractual agreements; monitoring and reporting on partnership performance
• Completing all internal processes such as Salesforce management, due diligence and legal; supporting partners through partnerships focal point regarding permits
• Establishing effective relationships with the team and internal departments
• Playing an active role in the team, identifying improvements to processes and working well with others
• Establish a working relationship with local governments across the region to secure permits for any fundraising/visibility opportunities and agree on reporting mechanism to abide with local rules of fundraising.
• Work together and collaborate with PPF/STM and UAE Global Office to streamline work with different sectors operating in the same geographic area.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Law, Communications, Social Sciences or any other relevant field; Master’s degree is preferred
• At least eight (8) years of relevant national and international experience in Business Development, Account Management or Marketing, in consumer-facing and/or digital companies, or related fields.
• Experience of prospecting new high value fundraising partners in an international organization with a development/humanitarian mission, ideally with UN experience is desirable.
• Strong understanding of the philanthropic trends and parameters specific to the GCC, including Islamic philanthropy and fundraising laws.
• Recent experience in partnerships/working with local GCC foundations and charities is beneficial.
• Extensive sales and marketing experience—experienced in research, planning, preparing, and landing pitches and negotiating with potential partners/clients -proven track record of successful negotiations with global enterprises.
• Demonstrated track record of securing multi-million dollar and multi-year partnerships from prospect identification and research to agreement in the non-profit or business sectors.
• Experience of building a new pipeline with a positive attitude towards engaging new audiences. A network of corporate contacts in key markets which will be used to support the establishment of prospecting pipeline, would be an asset.
• Previous experience of building new propositions, integrations or ‘products’ for the private sector that reflect current trends and interests.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate relationships and influence senior decision makers.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of API technical documentation and strong project management skills are beneficial.
• Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative; ability to produce high-quality written materials, including graphically-based PowerPoint presentations as well as text documents.
• Ability in explaining complex issues to external partners, presenting the organization and diverse operations in a compelling manner, including when to leverage experience of internal stakeholders in a sales pitch; understanding of how to align the needs and interests of the organization with those of a corporate partner.
The ideal candidate will also be highly adaptable to change and comfortable dealing with ambiguity, stress and competing demands with grace and humor.
Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic (fluency/level C knowledge).
Deadline for submission of applications: 19/09/2023, 17:59 EDT
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.