Proactive Technical Recruitment
Service Technician Job Brief
We have a vacancy of Service Technician in our company, Proactive Technical Recruitment. This vacancy is based in Doncaster. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Service Technician Job
Company: Proactive Technical Recruitment
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Doncaster
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-28
Posted on: https://vacanciesineu.com
Service Technician Job Detail
Proactive, in partnership with Next, are excited to announce a number of new roles being created in South Yorkshire due to the launch of a brand new, state of the art ‘automated warehousing’ facility.
Due to massive market demand, Next is expanding at an exponential rate. With a current team of over 600 people in Maintenance / Engineering, this is due to grow by over 100 in the near future.
Next are innovating and investing £500m within the next 5 years on new technology & high-tech automation digital management systems – now is the time to get involved and be part of an exciting phase of expansion.
Maintenance Technician Primary Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for working in a state-of-the-art warehouse during an exciting growth phase for the company.
As a key member of the Maintenance team, you will ensure the smooth operation of the warehouse in a safe and effective manner in addition to following the health and safety advice and guidance as instructed.
Working in a specialist field, the Maintenance Technician will implement management instruction in regard to all aspects of the role and ensure that awareness of Health and Safety matters, and risk assessments that are associated with the role, are completed and updated accordingly. The post holder will follow working procedures and safe systems of work where appropriate to carry out repairs, breakdowns and planned preventative maintenance, reporting any equipment fault or malfunction that cannot be fixed.
To work with; conveyor systems, ASRS systems, hanging garments, sort systems, scanning and labelling systems
- Maintain all materials handling equipment and ensure an efficient operation of the Building Management System
- Ensure “maintenance only” areas within the warehouse and other plant and equipment remain clean and to ensure the maintenance stores and workshop areas are kept clean and tidy
- To take delivery of maintenance spares and equipment as required, locating in stores or maintenance workshop
- Ensure a flexible and common-sense approach to Health and Safety – notifying Team Managers and/or other staff members of any type of hazard which can be dealt with by the post holder; ensure the safety of others working within the areas of the warehouse
- Assist in the completion and review of risk assessments for the department
- Undertake regular health & safety inspections with the Site Management Team
- Promote and participate in Fun, Fair and rewarding activities within your department or on site
- Participate in and encourage idea generation to benefit departments through STPs in line with Target Zero
(The competencies associated with the role)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and/or under pressure
- Developing self and others
- Planning & Organisation: paying close attention to detail
Qualifications/Experience – Essential Desirable
Experience of working within a similar role (FMCG, Food Manufacturing, Waste to recycling, Baggage Handling, Automated warehousing)
A proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Experience of working within a high-pressured environment
NVQ level 3 or equivalent in engineering (electrical or mechanical)
Specific Skills/Knowledge Essential Desirable
Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
Excellent attention to detail and level of accuracy
Flexible approach to working hours
A proven ability to take ownership of tasks and situations
Displays an enthusiastic approach to the role
Good level of PC Skills
Working on a 42-hour shift rotation (days and nights), Next can offer a fantastic salary, generous bonus scheme, 25% staff discount, share save and other benefits as well as the opportunity to work with market leading technologies within the warehousing and logistics sector.
All positions are permanent and will offer excellent career development and training opportunities.
If you are interested in obtaining further information on these excellent roles or would even like the chance to walk around the site to see the technology first hand, Please contact us at [email protected] and we will contact you directly.
We look forward to helping you find your ‘next’ career……
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://vacanciesineu.com/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.