United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: building peace and security for one billion people in Europe and North America. The NATO Communications & Information Agency (NCIA) is leading NATO’s Digital Transformation. Based in Brussels the Senior Procurement Policy Officer plays a key role in the creation, processing, administration, and communication of the Agency policies and practices to implement the Agency’s procurement services.
Who we are:
NCIA acquires, deploys and defends communications systems for NATO’s political decision-makers and Commands; the agency is on the frontlines against cyber-attacks, working closely with governments and industry to help NATO keep its technological edge.
We are NATO’s technology and cyber leaders, helping NATO Nations to communicate and work together in smarter ways. Our work is challenging and meaningful, and you will lead and apply your expertise as part of a dynamic international team of civilian and military professionals.
The Senior Procurement Policy Officer will be part of the Acquisition function who provide acquisition (procurement) expertise and activities which support the planning, implementation and maintenance of the required capability to support the Agency’s strategic goals and missions. To support the Agency’s Strategic Goal of pursuing excellence in delivery, this role will develop and standardise acquisition templates (solicitation and contract) across the Agency, ensuring the consistency of implementing NATO’s policies and regulations on Acquisition, and training Agency’s staff on solicitation package development. As the Senior Procurement Policy Officer and a deputy to the Head of Acquisition Policy the responsibilities of this role shall encompass:
- Formulate, Interpret, and Administer Policies and Procedures: Provide expertise in recommending, initiating, developing and implementing policies, procedures, guidance and control concerning all contracting functions
- Analysis and Evaluation: Evaluate contracting actions and issues within the Acquisition Office, to improve accuracy and consistency
- Advisory Services: Participate in acquisition internal control review and oversee pre-award and post-award functions for highly complex acquisitions
- Quality Management: Assists in the development of new or improved acquisition practices.
- Relationship Management: handles problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information
For a full list of duties, you can review the full job description here (accessible via the NCI Agency careers site)
You easily establish good relationship and are able to relate to people at all levels. You produce new ideas, approaches and insights to deliver innovate solutions to problems. You are able to adapt to changing circumstances you can manage ambiguity, accept new ideas and change initiatives, further to this you have:
- Proven experience and responsibility in contracting, to include a thorough understanding of competitive and sole source procurement principles and practices, negotiation skills, cost and price analysis techniques, contract law, contract administration and industry practices
- Possess strong research and analytical skills
- Experience of leading teams and projects in complex environments
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with good briefing skills
- Previous experience in contracting for software intensive projects and software development projects
- Previous experience in Agile Acquisition methodologies and principles
- Previous experience in cradle-to-grave contracting to include complex contracts
- Certification with a recognized National or International Acquisition or Procurement Organisation [Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), Defence Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C), etc.]
- Ideally awareness of the NATO political, economic, military and technical environment
What do we offer?
- Genuinely meaningful work as part of the most successful alliance in history
- Initial three year contract with competitive monthly tax-free salary of 7,068 EUR and household & children’s allowances
- Privileges for expatriate staff including expatriation and education allowances (where appropriate) and additional home leave
- Excellent private health insurance scheme
- Generous annual leave of 30 days plus official holidays
- Retirement Pension Plan
Successful candidates will be evaluated on their competency level in the following areas:
- Oral and Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Evaluating
To learn more about NCI Agency, our mission and goals take a few moments to visit our website.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.