At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the Starline Team in Reading, UK. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer position is a member of the Operational Excellence team, responsible for implementing best manufacturing practices and continuous improvement projects to support the manufacturing value streams. This position provides technical support to production operations and personnel, and is involved in the design and implementation of manufacturing automation and process initiatives
What Will You Do?
· Improve manufacturing efficiency through analysis and planning of work flow, space requirements, plant and equipment layout
· Design and implementation of fixturing for assembly operations
· Identify and implement lean manufacturing opportunities
· Create and administer automation solutions
· Assess machinery and tooling
· Support initiatives and measure productivity improvements
· Develop and perform manufacturing training including: Standard Work, process mapping, and PFMEA
· Spec out “request for quote” documents
· Work with suppliers to implement process improvement solutions.
· Lead root cause analysis and the implementation of corrective actions
· Initiate, support and measure productivity and process improvements
· Act as a mentor to new and less senior engineers
· Participate in new product development process
· Assist in strategic planning relative to the Operational Excellence and Production Teams
· Support large capital project initiatives
· Minimal Travel as required
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology required, Industrial or Mechanical preferred
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in the manufacturing engineering field, preferably in an assembly and machining environment (including co-ops and internships)
· Six Sigma Lean, Green Belt certified. Black Belt certification preferred
· Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
· Experience leading Kaizen events and providing Lean Trainings
· History of successful productivity improvements
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Ability to lead cross-functional teams
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills for implementation of new methods
· Demonstrated problem-solving ability
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
· The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where, under certain areas, the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection are required.
· Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
· Able to lift and carry up to 25lbs
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with Legrand and does not create a contract of employment.
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with revenue of €7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers’ needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand’s Data Center Power and Control Division
The industry-leading brands of Approved Networks, Ortronics, Raritan, Server Technology, and Starline empower Legrand’s Data, Power & Control to produce innovative solutions for data centers, building networks, and facility infrastructures. Our division designs, manufactures, and markets world-class products for a more productive and sustainable future. The exceptional reliability of our technologies results from decades of proven performance and a dedication to research and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
External Company Name: Legrand North America
Street: Unit C, Island Road
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.