Senior Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL)
Purpose of role
The position is responsible for leading our Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) efforts across the organization to ensure LG and its partners deepen impact, strengthen programs, continuously learn and improve, and share out insights and evidence. The Global MEL Sr. Manager will create systems and tools to strengthen MEL approaches across the organization and with partners, provide technical support to country teams, and lead a portfolio of MEL projects. The Global MEL Sr. Manager will strengthen a coordinated organization-wide MEL system, facilitate the design, set-up, and implementation of standard MEL processes in close collaboration with country MEL teams, and ensure that data and analysis are used to make evidence-based programmatic decisions and to influence key advocacy priorities at country, regional and global levels.
- Co-develop and continue to iterate LG’s learning agenda;
- Lead, own, and continue to iterate LG’s strategic plan measurement framework and log frame;
- Co-develop and continue to improve systems change measurement approach with countries and advocacy teams;
- Advise M&E strategy and framework for new countries and new innovations;
- Identify and develop MEL-related strategic partnerships aligned with the strategy of the organization.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Lead the organization’s M&E strategy, and policy, and ensure excellence across programs and geographies;
- Lead the development of organization KPIs and targets;
- Develop, standardize and improve cost-effective, robust, and scalable data quality control processes and systems;
- Ensure strong program review systems, processes, and tools, including strong country-level M&E systems to drive learning and impact;
- Lead learning initiatives and share/utilize learnings across countries and programs to drive deeper impact;
- Strengthen internal learning management processes including translation of the program, analytic and research insights, and evidence for advocacy;
- Develop M&E plans and log frames for specific projects and programs, including innovations;
- Support ROI and cost-effectiveness analyses of programs and innovations;
- Develop and systematize new and creative ways of leveraging LG, partners, and other external data to monitor and measure program impact;
- Support data analytics team to use internal and external data for priority analytic deep dives to deepen impact, learning, and drive advocacy.
Management & Leadership:
- Recruit, manage and support professionally the country MEL teams and consultants and ensure strong coordination of different workstreams with the different departments;
- Set up effective shared services and ways of working for the MEL team to provide high-quality and effective cross-functional and cross-geography support;
- Strengthen MEL capability across the organization;
- Bring out the best in people and build a culture of high performance and engagement in line with the organization’s values.
BD & Advocacy:
- Contribute regularly to proposals, reporting, advocacy briefs, and other external communications that rely on robust analysis, visualization, and interpretation of data;
- Create, publish, and disseminate program insight findings, analysis, and impact stories to drive the organization’s role as a thought leader in global community health;
- Lead as MEL point person for priority partnerships and coalitions.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree plus a Professional qualification in M&E, Public Health, Statistics, Data Science, Health economics & Epidemiology.
- Minimum of ten (10) to 12 (twelve) years of relevant experience.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Strong technical expertise in M&E, data systems, and analysis;
- Good Interpersonal skills, Communication, and Collaboration;
- Strong People management and leadership skills;
- Bilingual with French as a desirable language.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.