- Leeds (LS9) – West Yorkshire, North East, United Kingdom
- Up to £23887.49 per annum
- Main Industry:
- Search Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry Jobs
- Other Industries & Skills:
- Bluetownonline Ltd
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 20 April 2023
Job Title: Senior Gardener
Salary: GBP23,887.49 per year
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Leeds Federated is a housing association with around 4,300 properties across Leeds, Wakefield and North Yorkshire. Our mission is to enable the maximum number of people to access and live sustainably in good value, affordable housing.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Community Spaces Team in the role of Senior Gardener. You will undertake a wide range of duties including:
* Grounds maintenance work on our communal external landscaped areas.
* Carrying out small maintenance repairs – repairing gates, environmental clean ups etc.
* Responsibilities in the health & safety and security issues of our Estates.
* Participating in Team/Organisation wide meetings, away days etc.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* NVQ level 2 in horticulture (or equivalent).
* Attend each scheme regularly as per schedule, organise, prioritise and delegate gardening work to team members.
* Encourage and motivate team members to provide the highest possible standards.
* Share knowledge with gardening colleagues in order for them to develop their own knowledge.
* Attend appropriate meetings and regularly liaise with Customer Services Teams and customers to ensure service standards are met.
* Ability to build good staff and customer relations.
* Assist in the planning, scheduling and completion of planned improvements and curtilage works to a high standard.
* Assist in the delivery of risk assessments, tool box talks and safe systems of work.
* Monitor correct use of equipment, HAVS limitations and PPE usage.
* Monitor team members, report any general performance issues to the Service Manager.
* Maintain accurate administrative records.
* Commercial gardening experience.
* Experience of working as part of a commercial gardening/landscape team.
* Competent user of mobile devices to access Teams, respond to email, book leave.
* Good spoken and written communication skills.
This is an opportunity your experience, a chance to work with some great colleagues and be part of a team that has set some ambitious goals for the future.
The successful candidate will have at least 1 years’ experience of working in a commercial/landscaping gardening team. The working pattern for this role is Monday to Friday and a full, clean, manual driving licence is essential as there is a requirement to drive company vehicles.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding an interview.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
Leeds Fed is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in everything we do, and therefore welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please click on the APPLY button to be redirected to the company’s careers page for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Gardener, Head Gardener, Garden Maintenance Team Leader, Ground Maintenance, Operative Gardener, Experienced Gardener, Grounds Maintenance, Maintenance, Garden Maintenance, General Maintenance, Garden Designer, Landscape Gardener, Grounds, Gardener, Garden Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Team Leader, Landscaper will also be considered for this role.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.