- Ballina – Mayo, Connaught, Ireland
- Main Industry:
- Search Information Technology Jobs
- Hollister Incorporated
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 09 February 2023
Senior Controls Engineer
The successful candidate would have a number of years’ experience in Controls Engineering Production support at a hands on level and want to develop into a role to lead, manage, coach and mentor a small team of control engineers. The role is pivotal in ensuring long term viability of manufacturing at the Ballina site, developing controls solutions to reduce manufacturing complexity. This role will lead a team that is accountable for the site controls strategy and develops strategic plans for the mitigation of operational risk.
This role will lead a team that will manage controls upgrade projects and support delivery of new equipment to site.
– Setting site strategy for automation and controls at Hollister Ballina
– Lead a team who support day to day operation in troubleshooting and resolving root cause to controls related issues.
– At the line mentoring and coaching of team to enhance controls capabilities of team.
– Accountable for delivery of control upgrade projects and provide support to other project teams ensuring controls related actions are closed in a timely manner.
– Develop a preventative control strategy that proactively identifies, and mitigation of business continuity risk associated control system obsolesce.
– Identification of technology systems and solutions that help maximize productivity while also reducing cost of waste
Essential Functions of the Role :
• People management.
• Role is 50/50 split between strategic team management and hands on support.
• Accountable for management of controls systems on site.
• Lead delivery of control system projects / controls elements of other projects
• Key member of site engineering leadership team.
Work Experience Requirements:
• Number of Overall Years Necessary: 5-8
•Must have experience in a controls engineering function in a commercial manufacturing environment.
• Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Electrical / Electronic / Controls / Programming
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
• PLC machine control & Operator Interface
• Electrical controls – maintenance & design
• 2D/3D CAD skills – elect drafting/ panel design
• Project Management / FMEA
• Vision Systems, Servo Systems and Robotics
• Allen-Bradley / Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider, B&R PLC experience
• Industrial Networks (Ethernet, EtherCAT, Profibus, RS485, etc)
• Industrial cyber security
• Experience in clean-room manufacturing
Hollister Incorporated is an independent, employee-owned company that develops,manufactures, and markets healthcare products worldwide. The company develops and manufactures products for ostomy care, continence care and critical care, and also develops educational support materials for patients and healthcare professionals. Headquartered in Libertyville, Illinois, it has manufacturing and distribution centers on three continents and sells in nearly 80 countries. Hollister is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Firm of John Dickinson Schneider Inc (JDS Inc), a 100 year old company. Hollister is guided by the shared Mission of JDS Inc, to make life more rewarding and dignified for people who use its products and services. Hollister
Hollister is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Job Req ID: 29289
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.