Who are we?
RetrofitWorks is on a mission to improve the energy efficiency of housing stock across the UK,
through various retrofit schemes across The UK.
At the forefront of the industry, we are a not-for-profit organisation that drives councils,
authorities, property groups and advocate groups to mobilise retrofit works in peoples’ homes.
We do this by running schemes that facilitate and oversee the installing of energy saving
products like insulation, modern heating systems and solar panels, also known as “retrofit”. We
usually offer a “one-stop-shop” because we help homeowners throughout their project, ranging
from advice on where to start, finding contractors as well as overseeing the installation to
We provide wide-ranging solutions to suit, usually in the form of schemes, either utilising
available grants, or for homeowners that are “able to pay”. We also use our skills and
expertise provide a consultancy service.
Who are we seeking?
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Business Development Manager, to help drive
an increased awareness and lead generation for our retrofit offering. Whilst we are already
seeing increased activity, we are aware that we are missing some opportunities.
A business development manager is responsible for identifying new business opportunities,
building and maintaining relationships with potential clients, monitoring market trends and
competitor activity, as well as developing strategies to increase revenue and profitability.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sales and marketing, excellent
communication and negotiation skills, and a proven track record of achieving sales targets. The
role requires a high level of creativity, strategic thinking, and the ability to work
independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excel at
generating leads, building relationships and closing. Often tasked with attending networking
events and trade shows to raise awareness of our proposition.
Previous experience within the building industry is required, preferably with retrofit
knowledge and a proven track record of selling within this market, experienced selling to B2B
and B2C customers.
This is a hybrid role, with UK-wide travel required to meet customers.
- Generating leads and securing new business to agreed targets
- Build strong relationships with potential new customers
- Helping to determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports, as required
- Visiting existing and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote our offering
- Completing and submitting good and accurate submission responses to tender and PQQs
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- A self-starter and able to work on their own initiative
- Understanding of the sales process
- Knowledge of the building industry, preferably within retrofit
- Experienced in submitting bids and tenders
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with customers.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including word, excel, and outlook
- Regular travel around the UK
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain
strong client relationships.
- Company pension
- Cycle to work tax-free scheme
- Electric Car tax-free scheme
- Sick pay
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- selling to B2B and B2C customers in the building industry: 2 years (required)
- building industry, sales background and: 2 years (required)
- Full Driving Licence (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London, SE11 4BT
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this internship posting.