European Space Policy Institute
The European Space Policy Institute is looking to employ one or more Research Fellow(s) at the premises of the Institute in Vienna, starting in September 2023.
The European Space Policy Institute
ESPI is the leading European think tank devoted to space policy. The Institute’s mission is to Promote European space policy on a global level by facilitating an active forum for the analysis and discussion of European needs, capabilities and long-term prospects in (space) activities. We actively engage with high-level stakeholders and experts in Europe and globally.
As an ESPI Research Fellow, you will be immersed in a fast paced growth-environment with strong appreciation of new ideas and initiatives, paired with a commitment to research rigour, continuous learning and team-wide exchange.
About the Role
Space is undergoing a transformative change in terms of market dynamics, technology developments, and policy implications. As an ESPI Research Fellow you will be responsible to develop insights and maintain the Institute’s position at the cutting edge of analysing these trends, advanecements and evolution.
Depending on your prior experience, you will be tasked to both work as part of project teams as well as to gradually lead and develop projects with teams of 1-4 additional Research Fellows or Research Interns, notably:
- Delivery of high-quality expert advice regarding, space policy, the space sector, market assessments, public budget evolution, and non-space policies impacting the space sector;
- Concepts, studies and continuous content output in support of program-implementers and policy-makers;
- Strategic direction and Organization of high-level events, workshops, and educational courses;
- Managing projects including contract, budget, and deliverable management;
- Quality assurance and compliance with project terms.
Further, as part of our Research Team, you contribute to the strategic orientation and further development of the Institute, participating in our Engagement activities and Key Partner Management efforts.
Qualifications and competencies
- A Master’s degree that relates to the Institute’s work and mission;
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience (Consultancy, Industry, Think Tank, Public Sector);
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the space sector and the space policy landscape;
- Excellent analytical or writing skills, ability to work in teams, and inter-cultural competence;
- Flexibility, Impact-Oriented thinking and Excellent Organizational skills.
- Excellent command of English, written and oral.
We only accept applications by EU citizens or non-EU citizens holding residence and employment permits in Austria.
To apply for this position, please send:
- A copy of your CV,
- A motivation letter
to [email protected] with the subject: “ESPI Research Fellow” before 13 June 2023, 23:59 CET. Please do not submit educational records or certificates at this stage.
The position is planned to be full-time (40 hours/week). The advertised salary for this position is € 42,000 gross per year (paid 14 times a year). An additional bonus payment is subject to the Management’s decision and the Institute’s overall performance. Candidate’s with demonstrated experience can qualify for higher salary bands subject to negotiation.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.