Vacancy announcement for Receptionist and Administrative Officer
The Philanthropy Europe Association (Philea) is looking for a Receptionist and Administrative Officer. The ideal candidate will be:
- A good all-rounder, as the role consists of 50% support to the reception and office management unit, and 50% support to the events unit.
- Capable of maintaining Philea’s high service standards for members, tenants, and guests of Philanthropy House, ensuring the smooth running of daily operations, upkeep of office material and successful delivery of events.
- A team player, with a proactive attitude and methodical approach in addition to great problem-solving skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- A believer in the importance of collaboration, trust, and the power of collective impact; eager to learn and advocate for everyone to have a voice and equal opportunities.
- Available to work full-time.
- Perform daily reception tasks (mail, phone, building access), and ensuring front desk is always covered during working hours. Manage inventory, stock, and upkeep of office materials, supporting with orders and distribution of delivered goods (packages, mail, food/drinks, stationary)
- Follow up on communications with tenants and suppliers (i.e. building management, cleaning company)
- Help maintain and improve facilities in Philanthropy House
- Assist the team in organising all events taking place at Philanthropy House (making bookings, arranging catering, handling AV equipment, welcoming participants, updating database, etc.)
- Provide support with travel and hotel bookings
- Monitor and troubleshoot online registrations for Philea events, including invoice payments, and follow-up where necessary
- Provide full logistical support during the Philea Forum (annual conference)
Indefinite contract (CDI)
Starting date: as soon as possible
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility and multitasking approach
- Excellent IT skills and interest in working with database software, spreadsheets, and AV equipment
- Diligent, attentive to details
- C2 level in English and French (listening, writing, speaking)
- Must have the right to live and work in Belgium
- Preference will be given to candidates with a record of accomplishment in customer care, front office and/or events roles
- Experience with CRM platforms or similar
- A proven, solution-oriented, can-do attitude
- Experience with handling conference room equipment
- Knowledge of another European language
Based in Brussels, Belgium this placement offers you the opportunity to live and work in the heart of Europe.
- A competitive salary package (13th salary, holiday pay, transportation)
- Home office allowance
- Meal vouchers
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Additional holidays
- Training and personal development budget
- Group health and pension insurance
- A friendly, open working environment
How to apply
Please send your application (cover letter + CV in English + salary expectations) by 5 February to [email protected] quoting the following reference “Receptionist and Administrative Officer”. The cover letter should include examples of your experience in events, customer service and administrative assistance.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated confidentially.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.
About Philanthropy Europe Association (Philea)
We are the voice of European philanthropy. Our purpose is to harness its immense multidimensional potential. Philea nurtures a diverse and inclusive ecosystem of foundations, philanthropic organisations, and networks in over 30 countries that work for the common good. We unite over 10,000 public-benefit foundations that seek to improve life for people and communities in Europe and around the world.
We want to inspire, connect, and represent the European philanthropy sector and enhance its role as a credible and trustworthy partner, today and tomorrow. We foster collaboration to increase synergies, scale up innovation and use our voice to impact policy that enables positive change.
We believe that philanthropy in Europe plays a unique, risk-taking role in sparking innovation and acting as a catalyst for good.
We want to connect citizens and communities with philanthropic organisations and contribute to building more resilient, sustainable, and just societies.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.