University of Glasgow
To provide first-class customer service to all users of the Library and other cluster buildings as part of the Reach Out team.
To deliver a range of frontline library services (lending, general enquiries, inter-library loans, social media) and online support, using detailed knowledge and experience to supervise and support the team to deliver service aims.
To provide supervisory support to the Reach Out Library Ambassadors and to work with Reach Out managers and other service managers on operational planning and prioritisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Friendly, customer-focused, proactive support to all users of the Library and other Reach Out cluster buildings – be visible, maintaining a high profile with users and staff and personally taking action to resolve issues and deliver an excellent customer experience in person and digitally.
2. Use specialist knowledge and experience of Library policies and resources to advise, inform and support staff in the delivery of first -class frontline, roving and online library and Reach Out services.
3. In collaboration with fellow Reach Out Library Supervisors, be responsible for the day-to-day running of frontline Library Services, ensuring a high quality and responsive Reach Out and library service.
4. Utilise the Library Management System (Innovative Sierra) to ensure effective circulation procedures. Work with the UofGHelpdesk, the CMS membership database and financial systems, always ensuring reference to library policy, data protection guidelines and information security parameters.
5. Be a champion for the Reach Out ethos, branding and identity, ensuring all Reach Out staff understand the aims of the service and have access to training and support to help them deliver an excellent customer experience.
6. As part of the frontline supervisor team, support the administration of banking processes, staffing rotas, sickness and leave procedures and any other related task. Following training, assist with building evacuation procedures by providing fire warden support to the Library Facilities team.
7. Ensure excellent customer service provision, resolving contentious issues and solving problems where possible, escalating to managers when appropriate.
8. Utilise communication channels, such as Microsoft Teams, UofGHelpdesk and social media to ensure effective advice and support to the Reach Out users and for internal
communication with Reach Out colleagues.
9. Support and communicate with the managers and collaborate with supervisor colleagues to ensure consistency of approach, using discretion to determine priorities and resolve issues. Identify key trends and opportunities for service enhancement. Implement service changes and provide training and support. Actively contribute to planning and development of frontline and Reach Out service through regular discussion with the senior team. Responsible for ensuring that all team members and colleagues are kept up-to-date and informed.
10. Assist with team training and write and undertake regular review of training and support materials, such as UofGHelpdesk KnowledgeBase and the Reach Out baseline.
11. Undertake any other tasks as directed by Reach Out Team Leaders.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Either: Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated withthis level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role.Or: Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 7 (Higher / Scottish Vocational Qualificationlevel 3, Higher National Certificate) or equivalent, and experience of personal development in asimilar role
C1 Proven customer service skills
C2 Excellent verbal and written communication
C3 Ability to deal with challenging situations and achieve good outcomes
C4 Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
C5 Ability to plan and prioritise own work and that of a team
D1 Strong IT skills
E1 Experience of delivering excellent customer service
E2 Experience of supervising a team and motivating staff
E3 Proven experience of successful collaborative working
E4 Experience of delivering staff and/or user training
F1 Knowledge of Library policies, procedures and resources
F2 Experience of using a call management or CRM system
F3 Experience of cash handling
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 5, £24,715 – £28,929 per annum pro rata.
This post is part-time (16.5 hours per week), and open ended.
Shift pattern – Sunday 1-8pm, Monday and Tuesday 2.30-8pm
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension – pensions handbook https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https://www.gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.