Gi Group UK
Quality Control Technician Job Brief
We have a vacancy of Quality Control Technician in our company, Gi Group UK. This vacancy is based in Grimsby. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Quality Control Technician Job
Company: Gi Group UK
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Grimsby
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-26
Posted on: https://vacanciesineu.com
Quality Control Technician Job Detail
Mon – Friday With some Saturday’s.
5am-2pm or 6am-3pm
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Monitor and ensure the production of consistent quality products via standard product testing procedures
- Where appropriate, communicates product safety and quality standards to the company’s personnel
- Conduct equipment calibration checks on a daily basis to ensure the site’s testing equipment is running to the correct standards
- Check that the labels produced for Frozen and Fresh products have all required correct variable information
- Ensure strict segregation of MSC product is in operation, ensuring correct labelling of MSC product
- Ensure strict segregation of all allergens, ensuring appropriate labelling of all allergenic product
- Conduct weight and quality checks on a per product basis to ensure the product standards are as per those specified. This is a requirement for both Frozen and Fresh product
- On a weekly basis the technician shall conduct micro testing and take samples, which shall then be sent for external micro testing, thus ensuring the factory environment remains at a high standard of hygiene
- Continually monitor and verify raw material and product batch coding information to ensure that it is all correct and consistent
- Test bar coding information on all Tesco product barcodes to ensure it is of the correct specification
- Calibrate the barcode verification equipment against test samples to ensure that it is reading the labels correctly
- Carry out glass and Perspex audits to the required schedule – weekly, monthly or 6-monthly, following the correct procedure
- Undertake GMP and CCP audits on a regular basis but ensure that the GMP and CCP practices throughout the site are being continually sustained
- Ensure the metal detection equipment (CCP) is correctly set up and rejecting the test pieces on a daily basis, but also rechecking the equipment on an hourly basis or to the customer’s individual requirements
- Verify that all the required Production paperwork has been completed to the required standard
- Assist in the location and provision of the traceability paperwork as and when required
- Confirm frozen intake checks on weights etc. when the raw materials have arrived on site and check all relevant paperwork
- Conduct regular checks on product being produced through the Bandsaws to ensure that it is within the specified parameters
- Print labels as and when requested and ensure all information on such labels is correct and up to date
- Upon completion of the Site Internal Auditor training, audits within the required factory and business areas will be audited against the prescribed standards and within the required time constraints
- Assist in the production (packaging and labelling) of samples
- Sample the product as scheduled in order to facilitate retention and organoleptic assessment over product life
- Ensure that all team members pursue safe working practices and all accident and reporting procedures are adhered to
- Ensure you promote a culture of high hygiene standards and that all team members maintain it
Skills and Specifications
- Level 2 Food Safety.
- Level 2 HACCP.
- Allergen Awareness Training.
- Good knowledge and understanding of MSC Principles.
- An understanding of efficiencies.
- Possess a “right first time” diligent and conscientious work ethic.
- Flexibility, reliability and good timekeeping.
- Act as a role model for quality practices whilst on site.
- Able to work on their own initiative and as part of the team.
- Have good organisational and prioritising skills to work to the required timescales.
- Exhibit good product quality knowledge regarding the standards and specifications.
- Good working knowledge of GMP and its importance.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understand the importance of Health and Safety, Food Safety and Health and Hygiene.
If you are interested in this position, Please contact Sam on 01472 268500.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://vacanciesineu.com/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.