The National Trust are working in partnership with Yorkshire Water, the Woodland Trust, the
White Rose Forest and other key partners to deliver an exciting landscape scale project across
the South Pennines – Landscapes for Water. The programme includes woodland planting, peatland
restoration and Natural Flood Management (NFM) interventions with the overall aim to help make
our uplands healthy and resilient to benefit nature, climate and people.
We are approaching the first delivery phase of the project, and we have a role for a Project
Support Co-ordinator to join the Landscapes for Water team. This is an exciting opportunity for
someone to support all aspects of a landscape restoration project, from delivery of the first
phase, to planning and development of the next phases, working alongside our partners.
Location: Based from either Marsden Moor or Hardcastle Crags, the role will
involve sometimes working from both offices from time to time.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term contract for 2 years, with possibility of an extension
Interviews: 29th September at Hardcastle Crags
Please apply by attaching your CV and cover letter outlining why you are applying and
suitability for the role.
What it’s like to work here
As part of the Landscapes for Water team, which sits within the West Yorkshire Group
Countryside’s team, you’ll work closely with Project Manager and have the support and local
knowledge of the Ranger teams, Estate Manger and Countryside Manager. In addition, you’ll have
the wider support from the Trust’s Land & Nature consultancy team including regional nature
experts and other project professionals delivering transformational landscape scale changes
across the North of England. You’ll draw on the knowledge and expertise available throughout
the National Trust and the project’s partnership organisations to support your work.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with the Project Team, including our partners, to support a project to
increase woodland and tree cover, install natural flood management interventions (leaky dams)
and restore peatland on National Trust and our Partner’s land. You’ll support the
administration of project management processes, project governance and basic financial tasks.
You’ll assist in the management of the project budget, following internal procedures for
procurement and reporting.
You’ll support our monitoring and reporting for grants and other funding, and your excellent
communication skills will help us build and maintain partnerships with external stakeholders.
There will be opportunities for you to develop your own project support and management skills,
as well as get hands-on experience on site with contractors and working with community groups.
Please click apply to view the role profile and attached additional
Who we’re looking for
Ideally you’ll be able to / have:
- demonstrate working knowledge of habitat management, designations and legislation, ideally
within the upland context
- demonstrate experience of project coordination including supporting with finance
tracking/project spend, supporting with grant claims and reports for funders and updating key
documents and trackers
- experience working with GPS and GIS systems
- the ability to deal positively with stressful and dynamic situations and be resilient to
- comfortablity working in challenging upland environments
- experience working with communities and managing stakeholder relationships.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to
create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people
reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and
value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase
scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this internship posting.