Stantec International Development, based in La Hulpe, is the Stantec unit that provides consulting services to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors such as DFID. Our services include design, procurement and construction supervision for water and wastewater, energy, and climate change projects as well as management support, monitoring and evaluation of large investment programs. Our main geographical focus lies on Europe, Africa and other developing countries.
We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time (m/f)
Project management and control officer
to join for this newly established position, our international and dynamic Belgian unit to support our growth and ambition.
The project management and control officer will actively support timely and correct financial reporting and invoicing of a large portfolio of EU projects. He will support the Project Managers in their financial reporting and ensure that the data is reported correctly and efficiently.
Mastering financial project information, he/she will work under the direct leadership of the Head of the Project Management Department. He/she will work also in close coordination with the financial department and ensure a smooth operational collaboration between the project management and the financial departments.
He/she will notably ensure that the accruals, forecasting and invoicing processes are done timely and accurately for all projects. He/she will specifically focus attention on few strategic and critical projects and support the respective project manager(s) in the complex financial reporting and forecast. Additionally, he/she will ensure regular follow up with auditors and clients to optimize the cash collection timelines.
Right hands of the Head of Department for all financial reporting and compliance, the role will require additional tasks as required.
• Review all project management financial tools to check accuracy before the monthly reviews.
• Calculate (together with the project managers) and provide the monthly accruals timely to the financial department
• Calculate and report to the financial department the quarterly forecasts for all projects
• Liaise and support Project Managers in the financial reporting
• Liaise with the financial department to ensure smooth project reporting
• Perform financial project control in support to the Head of the Department
• Prepare report, financial analysis and process improvement
• In collaboration with Project Managers and Finance, ensure the most efficient and rapid Client billing.
• Develop and update risk and opportunity register;
• Review retentions and coordinate the release process with Finance;
• Vendor Management: to act as liaison between Project management and Finance and coordinate the vendor set up process.
What we offer
• A permanent contract based in La Hulpe (Belgium), with very good personal and professional development prospects.
• Opportunities to regularly update and enhance technical skills and qualifications and other professional competences, through: (i) support for the acquisition and implementation of very diverse projects; (ii) participation in training and other capacity building activities.
Project management and control officer
Applicants should as a minimum have the following qualifications and demonstrate the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• Agility and mastering numbers, data and project financials
• Project management and project control experience
• Fluency in English
• Three to five years of relevant experience
• Proven experience in capturing and analyzing information with high attention to detail
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Ability to interact with numerous stakeholders (project managers, financial, accounting, etc)
• Past professional experience working with the EC and/or in the targeted sectors of Stantec (environment, climate change, energy trabsition, communication and stakeholder’s engagement) would be consider as an asset
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Accounting Finance
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.