Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The Brussels School of Governance is looking for a part-time professor in the domain of ‘EU foreign policy, leadership and crisis management’.
More concretely your work package contains:
Education and Research domain:
The Centre for Security, Diplomacy and Strategy (CSDS) is a research hub at the Brussels School of Governance (BSoG) of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). CSDS seeks to contribute to a better understanding of the key contemporary security and diplomatic challenges of the 21st century – and their impact on Europe – while reaching out to the policy community that will ultimately need to handle such challenges.
Our expertise in security studies will seek to establish comprehensive theoretical and policy coverage of strategic competition and its impact on Europe, whilst paying particular attention to the transatlantic relationship and the wider Indo-Pacific region.
Diplomacy as a field of study will be treated broadly and comparatively to encompass traditional statecraft and foreign policy analysis, as well as public, economic and cultural diplomacy.
- You will contribute to teaching up to 6 ECTS relating to the indicated theme within relevant BSoG/IES educational programmes, Summer Schools, teaching modules and/or Study Abroad programmes;
- You will supervise a limited number of master theses in BSoG/IES programmes.
- You conduct excellent research on EU foreign policy, leadership and crisis management;
- You contribute to developing the CSDS research agenda;
- You will act as independent promoter or member of the doctoral committee of relevant CSDS PhD students;
- Acquiring external finances to advance the indicated research area, and, subsequently, prepare and manage externally financed research and academic service projects.
- You are responsible for research related service tasks at the level of the research centre, the department, the faculty and/or the university;
- You develop and maintain an international research network;
- You contribute to creating external visibility for the research group, the department, the faculty and the university via speaking engagements and media appearances.
For this function, our Brussels Humanities, Sciences & Engineering Campus (Elsene) will serve as your home base.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.