Job Title: Products Manager – Carbon & Biodiversity
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contract duration: 2 years
Working hours: Full time – 40 hours per week. Part time of 80% or more could be considered.
Department: Market & Communication
Travel: Sporadic travel can be required
DRS is looking, on behalf of our client, an INGO, for a Products Manager – Carbon & Biodiversity who will support the endorsement and the use of our client as a nature-based solution in carbon and biodiversity markets in the context of the client’s procedure; develop based on market intelligence carbon and biodiversity market opportunities by targeting key players and collaborating with them to implement effective action plans.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive and manage global Climate & Biodiversity product development activities to serve needs in priority markets globally and regionally.
- Serve as international/global focal point for the client’s network on carbon and/or biodiversity (C&B) project development based on our client’s forest management certification, Ecosystem Services Procedure, and selected external C&B standards.
- Guide, co-develop, and occasionally lead regional or national C&B project development through all project development cycles, including transactions of units and pricing.
- Advise on project level pricing models, contracting regimes, and transactions for a range of C&B units.
- Identify regional or national level opportunities and demand side dynamics in priority voluntary and compliance C&B markets.
- Coordinate the development of specific marketing and communication materials for C&B products and priority markets in collaboration with the responsible departments.
- Coordinate key C&B market account relations across other programs globally and represent our client at C&B market-related events.
- Any other task as assigned by formal supervisor and project work as assigned according to special organizational needs.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Economics, Environmental Science, Agriculture and Forest Science, Natural Resource Management, Engineering, Sustainability).
- Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following: carbon or biodiversity project development, carbon finance/ payment for ecosystem services.
- Proven track record in integrating a project into existing payment and funding mechanisms.
- Experience in leading cross-functional and international project teams, managing complex projects, and working with international organisations. Experience in forest-based industries would be an advantage.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including experience in data analysis for market intelligence.
- Collaborative working style and team-building skills.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling a number of functions simultaneously.
- Strategic thinking and a solution and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Language and Communication Skills:
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), with additional fluency in French or Spanish as a plus.
- Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Experience with standard software packages (MS Office).
How to apply
The updated CVs in English should be submitted to [email protected] under the title: DRS 11556 Products Manager – Carbon & Biodiversity. Due to the high number of applications received via the website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified according to the client’s procedures during the recruitment process.