Production Operative Job Brief
We have a vacancy of Production Operative in our company, Union Coffee. This vacancy is based in London. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Production Operative Job
Company: Union Coffee
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: London
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-01
Posted on: https://vacanciesineu.com
Production Operative Job Detail
About Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
Hello, we’re Union Hand Roasted Coffee – a proud B Corp and the UK’s leading speciality coffee roaster. We source high-quality coffee direct from farmers in 14 countries via our pioneering model, Union Direct Trade. We roast all of our coffee on-site at our East London roastery and distribute to cafes, retailers and homes across the UK for coffee lovers to enjoy.
We are focused on quality and sustainability across everything we do and to date, we’ve had a positive impact on over 65,000 coffee farmers and their families. In 2022, we certified as a B Corporation, an extremely exciting step for us. But that’s not all! Our sourcing model won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017 and 2022. In 2022 we were also awarded the European Coffee Awards for Best Speciality Coffee Roaster and Most Ethical Brand. We are proud that 21 years on, our commitment to quality and sustainability remains the same and is recognised by coffee drinkers and industry folk alike.
We’re proud roasters for some of Britain’s finest cafes and restaurants, as well as supplying to retailers to sell to home consumers. Our coffee is also available roasted fresh to order for coffee drinkers at home via our online shop. You can also find us up in our own cafe, Union Brew Lab, in the centre of Edinburgh.
Our inclusive, diverse team of Unionistas consists of around 70 people – a smiley bunch of people passionate about coffee, mostly based at our East London roastery. Yes, it does smell like coffee!
As a B Corporation, Union places great emphasis on building a people-centric culture. Every Unionista is expected to fully embrace our values and demonstrate these in everything that they do. In doing so we believe that we can build a brighter future for all. These values are:
- Work as one. We value teamwork and respect each other
- Wow them. We want to do the best for our customers
- Keep learning and sharing. We want to continuously strive for excellence and share this with others
- Just brew it. We value entrepreneurial attitude and ‘getting things done’
- Enjoy it. We want to spread the joy of coffee
- Do the right thing. For everyone in our Union – from farmers to suppliers to Unionistas in the roastery and our environment
We are now seeking a Production Operative to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of holiday plus the usual bank holidays
- Generous sick leave and pay entitlement
- Enhanced family/dependant leave and pay allowances
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Coffee training and knowledge
- Cycle to Work scheme / Electric Car Scheme
- Great, agile team to work with
- The chance to be an active part of Union’s success in spreading the love of speciality coffee
- Great coffee to drink at work – and free coffee to take home!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on self-starter with a passion for coffee and a strong grasp of health & safety to join our award-winning company.
You’ll have the chance to join us on our mission to spread the joy of sustainably sourced and ethically produced speciality coffee. What’s more, we’ll reward you with a fantastic range of benefits, including free coffee for you to enjoy!
So, if you want to join a friendly and inclusive team with one of the first roasters in the UK to trade directly with coffee farmers, then apply today!
As a Production Operative, you will support various areas of the production process to ensure goods are packaged and ready for distribution.
You will safely operate packaging and production machinery, ensuring that all quality and health and safety standards are adhered to, and machines are maintained to optimal standards.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage start up / shut down processes
- Monitor stock levels
- Perform quality assurance and testing checks
- Manage production waste
- Ensure work areas are clean and maintained
Please note, this role will involve lifting and manoeuvring heavy objects and standing for extended periods of time.
To be considered as a Production Operative, you will need:
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements and an ability to apply H&S knowledge practically
- An understanding of general food safety practices
- An interest in the specialty coffee and/or food industry
- Excellent time management skills
- Great communication skills
- The willingness to take on basic engineering and quality control and/or assurance tasks
Other organisations call this role Pick and Pick Operative, Manufacturing Operative, Production Line Operative, Order Fulfilment Operative, Food Manufacturing Operative, Food Production Operative, General Operative, or Warehouse Operative.
Webrecruit and Union Coffee are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you would like to step into an engaging role as a Production Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://vacanciesineu.com/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.