Syngenta Crop Protection
Principal Scientist Natural Product Chemist Job Brief
We have a vacancy of Principal Scientist Natural Product Chemist in our company, Syngenta Crop Protection. This vacancy is based in Bracknell. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Principal Scientist Natural Product Chemist Job
Company: Syngenta Crop Protection
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Bracknell
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-02
Posted on: https://vacanciesineu.com
Principal Scientist Natural Product Chemist Job Detail
Natural Product Chemist, Jealotts Hill, Bracknell
We are seeking an experienced scientist to join our growing efforts in natural products research. Based at our International Research Centre at Jealott’s Hill, you will be a key member of the Natural Product Operations Team in Chemistry, working with microbiology and fermentation experts to produce, isolate, purify and characterise new and known natural products for testing as agrochemicals.
You will also take on the leadership of cross-functional projects based on natural products and work with external partners to gain access to natural products of interest.
Successful candidate will:
- Isolate and purify natural products identified from the published literature. This might include acquiring the source material (micro-organism or plant), arranging the fermentation (if required), extracting the crude material and isolating, purifying and characterising the desired compound(s)
- Apply a wide range of separation techniques which will equip you to work on compounds with a wide range of polarity, including those which are water soluble
- Proactively look for new methods and techniques including the use of automation to increase efficiency and throughput
- Work closely with the fermentation group and/or external partners to plan, optimise and implement gram-scale preparation of selected natural products
- Train and mentor less experienced members of the team, supporting them to develop their skills
- Participate in and lead cross-functional and cross-site projects
- Be proactive in identifying natural products of potential agrochemical interest in the literature and proposing the best approach for their acquisition and testing
- Manage the acquisition and biological testing of natural products and other compounds from external sources, tracking progress and communicating results as necessary
- Make proposals for external partners to work with and propose and manage selected collaborations
- Act as an ambassador for the Natural Products Team, both within Syngenta and externally
Required Experience and Skills:
- Extensive (PhD and 4 or more years, or equivalent level of experience gained in employment) experience working in natural products or a related area
- Analysis of complex mixtures and the isolation and purification of milligram amounts of target compounds from them, using HPLC and other separation techniques
- Familiarity with the techniques used for structure elucidation, including the use and interpretation of NMR and MS
- Knowledge of natural product literature and technologies
- An understanding of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and its implications for natural products research
- A love of solving complex problems and the ability to approach new challenges in creative and innovative ways
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and to plan and organise your own time to achieve a high level of productivity, often working on several projects in parallel
In return for your skills and knowledge Syngenta will offer:
- Campus environment
- Competitive benefits package
- Up to 31.5 days holiday
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
This is a full-time permanent position, but we are happy to consider applications by those wishing to work part-time or job share.
We embrace and encourage diversity, and this is what drives our innovation and lets us outperform the market.
Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://vacanciesineu.com/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.