Technical University of Munich
20.04.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Professorship of Biothermodynamics at the TUM School of Life Sciences is inviting applicants for a research associate (post-doctoral level) with a sound theoretical and practical background in distillation processes. The position is offered in the context of a research project with an industry partner.
The Biothermodynamics group research focuses on the model-based design of separation processes for the purification of mixtures of biomolecules from biomass and products of fermentation processes.
Within the frame of the project, you will work on the development of a novel continuous distillation process for the dealcoholization of alcoholic beverages that preserves their sensorial properties.
In addition, the position includes the following tasks:
• Close cooperation with industrial project partners and project coordination
• Reporting (writing interim and final reports) and presenting the project results
• Writing scientific publications and presenting at national/international conferences
• Supervision of undergraduate student theses (B.Sc. and M.Sc.)
• Teaching thermodynamics and separation processes (calculation exercises and lab courses)
• Ph.D. in (Bio-)Chemical Engineering or related disciplines
• Sound theoretical background and practical experience in distillation processes
• Solid theoretical background in thermodynamics of mixtures
• Experience in process modelling, simulation and optimization is desirable
• Experience in analytical methods and design of experimental set-ups is beneficial
• Strong communication skills and organizational talent
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. German language knowledge is an advantage.
Working at one of the most renowned universities worldwide. Access to state-of-the-art laboratory infrastructure and an inspiring scientific working atmosphere in an international team. Diversified tasks and challenging projects with a high degree of personal responsibility and creative freedom. Employment is in accordance with qualifications with remuneration according to TV-L E13. The position is to be filled as soon as possible and is initially limited to 2 years, with a possibility for an extension.
Applications should include the following: (i) a motivation letter; (ii) a CV with details of the scientific career and list of publications; (iii) academic transcripts of records and relevant certificates. (iv) names and contact information of two references.
We look forward to receiving your application as a single pdf document via e-mail with “Distil” in the subject line to [email protected] by 20.05.2023.
TUM is an equal-opportunity employer. In the case of comparable suitability, aptitude and professional achievements, candidates with a severe disability will be given preference. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
For further information, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Mirjana Minceva
TUM School of Life Sciences
Tel. + 49 8161 71-6170
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.