University Hospital Cologne
The group Prof. Winkels focuses on the regulation of innate and adaptive immune responses in cardiovascular disease. We study how immune responses affect inflammatory, but also tissue regenerative pathways in preclinical models of myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis, and aortic aneurysm formation.
A postdoctoral position focusing on cardio-oncology is available in the group of Prof. H. Winkels at the Institute for Experimental Cardiology , Clinic III for Internal Medicine , Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital Cologne, Germany.
Your tasks will will include:
- Establishing and analyzing mouse models in cardio-oncology applying among others echocardiography, flow cytometry, histology, gene expression profiling
- Analyzing and visualizing data (including omics)
- Supervising and training of junior members and technicians in the group
- Presentation of data at in-house meetings as well as national and international conferences
- Drafting and writing manuscripts with the overall goal to publish our results in high-impact journals
We seek highly motivated and dynamic candidates with a recent PhD (0-2 years) in biomedical sciences. Experiences especially in flow cytometry, cell biology and a background in immunology (e.g. evidenced by high-impact publications in immunology) are required. Preferred candidates are trained in immune-metabolism research. The successful candidate will participate in establishing a dynamic and novel scientific program studying immune responses in cardio-oncology in collaboration with research groups from the oncology department.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- A motivation letter (1-2 pages)
- An academic CV
- List of publications
- Names and contact information of two references
Applicants will have access to cutting-edge technology and the opportunity to study immune cell responses in preclinical cardio-oncology models within a stimulating and outstanding scientific environment (CECAD , CMMC , CCRC GRK2407 , SFB TRR259 ).
The University Hospital of Cologne offers a wide variety of benefits:
- A varied job in a highly interesting and challenging research topic
- A fair working environment with appreciative cooperation
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Flexible working time models to support family life
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
Your salary will be based on TV-L.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Further informations and contact
Prof. Dr. Holger Winkels
+49 221 478-40897
Application deadline: 26.02.2023
Universitätsklinikum Köln AöR
Apply online now
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.