The European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition (ERCST) is seeking a Policy Analyst to join its team in Brussels to work on climate policies under the European Green Deal.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of ERCST’s work stream on climate policies under the European Green Deal;
- Monitor and analyse relevant policy developments;
- Lead and contribute to ERCST’s research and outreach activities, including drafting background materials, co-authoring papers and reports, as well as conceptualising and delivering stakeholder meetings;
- Contribute to the successful delivery of projects and grants;
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders such as business associations, environmental NGOs, etc.
- At least 4 years, and potentially more, of relevant professional experience;
- Expertise on EU climate change policy;
- A good understanding of the EU policymaking process;
- Native level of written and spoken English, proficiency in other languages will be considered an advantage;
- Be authorised to work and live in Belgium.
- A degree in (environmental) economics, or related discipline;
- Experience in an international environment and multi-stakeholder process;
- Be well-organised and able to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, take initiative and solve problems while under pressure;
- Ability to internalise substantial amounts of (new) materials and think laterally;
Start date: interviews will start as applications are received. Work will start as soon as possible after a suitable candidate is found.
Duration: Permanent full-time contract.
Compensation: Competitive remuneration depending on the level of experience and background of the candidate.
Workplace: ERCST offices are located in the EU quarter in Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a 1-page cover letter to the attention of Mr. Andrei Marcu, Executive Director, to [email protected] and mention “Policy Analyst – first name last name” in the subject line.
Do not forget to mention that you found this job ad on the Euractiv Jobsite!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.