CLECAT, the Brussels based association representing the interests of freight forwarders, logistics service providers and customs agents, is looking for a policy advisor to join its Brussels-based team.
The position entails the analysis and assessment of EU policy initiatives in the fields of Digitalisation, Customs, Security, Air Freight and Rail/Combined Transport. Responsibilities include intelligence gathering, preparation of CLECAT policy positions and lobby initiatives, coordination and managing of relevant committees in CLECAT, as well as liaison with other stakeholders at EU level. You will be leading some of the association’s working groups. You will also support the organisation of meetings and events to support CLECAT’s visibility amongst policy makers.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a passion for European policy making in the area of transport and logistics, customs and trade.
- You have already some demonstrated experience at the European institutions or other policy work experience in trade/business/consultancy.
- You hold a university level degree in law (trade, customs), economy, political science, or other relevant field.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyse legal and policy documents and summarise them in a clear and concise manner.
- You are full proficient or native speaker of English (with a good knowledge of a second European language) and you have good public speaking and writing skills
- You are a self-starter and able to show assertiveness, flexibility, and autonomy.
What’s in it for you?
By joining our team, you will be working in a small but very relevant European trade association where you can develop new skills and where there is room for initiatives. We have limited hybrid work arrangements. It is a full-time post to start as soon as possible.
If you are interested, please send your CV, along with a motivation letter explaining why you are interested in the position to [email protected].
For more information about CLECAT: www.clecat.org
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.