Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam-Golm
Job Code: 38/2023
Job Offer from September 05, 2023
The Department of Biomolecular Systems (Director Prof. Dr. Peter H. Seeberger) at the Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces (MPICI) in Potsdam, Germany announces the position of a PhD (m/f/d) for Circular Polymer Chemistry .
In the BMS department, Dr. Manuel Häußler’s group “Circular Chemical Concepts” (CCC) addresses the challenges of the transition from a linear to a circular use of carbon in chemistry. One focus is the development of fully circular materials based on polymers, starting from the conversion of raw materials to the processing of polymers and their application together with partners from industry.
Your tasks and qualifications
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with a background in polymer science, organic chemistry, and catalysis. The candidate should have a profile showing the following qualities:
- Master’s degree in chemistry, materials science, or chemical engineering
- Extensive experience in hands-on laboratory work
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research; the project will include synthesis of chemical building blocks up to processing of materials, e.g. by 3D-printing
- Interest to collaborate with industrial and academic partners
- Ability for both independent and team work
- Language skills in German and English in speech and writing
What we offer
- an interesting and varied job in an international working environment
- remuneration according to TVöD-Bund
- conditions and social benefits of the public sector
- flexible working hours
- compatibility of family and career (e.g. company Kindergarten)
- subsidy for the job ticket
- canteen, with an offer of meat, vegetarian and vegan dishes
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The position is available starting from 01.11.2023 for a period of 36 months.
Please submit your application by online-application-management-tool, with attached PDF version of your CV including a publication list, and a short motivation letter containing your skills and experiences related to circular polymer science.
For further information about the Institute see https://www.mpikg.mpg.de/en .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.