Technical University of Munich
20.04.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Professorship of Biothermodynamics at the TUM School of Life Sciences in Freising is looking for a research associate for a research project with a focus on the design of adsorption processes as soon as possible. This position offers the opportunity to complete a Ph.D. thesis and is equally suitable for a further academic qualification in the context of a PostDoc phase.
The Biothermodynamics group research focuses on the model-based design of separation processes for the purification of mixtures of biomolecules from biomass and products of fermentation processes.
Within the frame of the project, you will work on the development of a novel continuous distillation process for the dealcoholization of alcoholic beverages that preserves their sensorial properties.
In addition, the position includes the following tasks:
• Close cooperation with industrial project partners and project coordination
• Reporting (writing interim and final reports) and presenting the project results
• Writing scientific publications and presenting at national/international conferences
• Supervision of undergraduate student theses (B.Sc. and M.Sc.)
• Teaching thermodynamics and separation processes (calculation exercises and lab courses)
• Above-average Master Degree / Diploma in engineering (chemical engineering, bioprocess engineering, food process engineering, or related engineering disciplines).
• (First) practical experience in thermal separation processes, especially adsorption.
• (First) experience in process modeling or simulation and optimization of technical processes.
• Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and work independently to achieve project objectives
• Interest in participating in teaching and assisting students
• Enjoy working as part of an interdisciplinary and cross-cultural team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. German language skills are an advantage.
Working at one of the most renowned universities worldwide. Access to state-of-the-art laboratory infrastructure and an inspiring scientific working atmosphere in an international team. Diversified tasks and challenging projects with a high degree of personal responsibility and creative freedom. Employment is in accordance with qualifications with remuneration according to TV-L E13. The position is to be filled as soon as possible and is initially limited to 3 years, with a possibility for an extension.
Applications should include the following: (i) a motivation letter; (ii) a CV with details of the scientific career and list of publications (if applicable); (iii) academic transcripts of records and relevant certificates. (iv) names and contact information of two references.
We look forward to receiving your application as a single pdf document via e-mail with “Adsorp” in the subject line to [email protected] by 20.05.2023.
TUM is an equal-opportunity employer. In the case of comparable suitability, aptitude and professional achievements, candidates with a severe disability will be given preference. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
For further information, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Mirjana Minceva
TUM School of Life Sciences
Tel. + 49 8161 71-6170
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.