Are you a hands-on and dynamic person? Are you reliable, organised, structured and willing to ensure the smooth running of a small association counting 6 team members? Do you enjoy working in an international environment? Do you have a flexible attitude and are able to work within a team and autonomously? Then we look forward to hearing from you!
Responsibilities and tasks
The SBS Office and Finance Manager plays a key role in supporting the Secretary General overseeing the daily operations of the office and the association budget, dealing with staff issues, maintaining a pleasant work environment, and establishing and maintaining policies and procedures in accordance with local/national regulations and the values and objectives of the association.
- Managing and supervising daily office operations, including ordering of office supplies, and dealing with IT and other suppliers.
- Booking transport and accommodation, organising meetings and provide logistical support (booking meeting rooms, setting up of video conferences, preparing the room, order catering….).
- Ensuring the preparation and follow-up of meetings statutory meetings such as the General Assembly or Board meetings (sending out draft agendas, briefings, draft minutes, presentations, triggering follow-up action, etc.).
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence and queries and sending communications to members.
- Preparing and sending contracts to experts and subcontractors and ensuring follow-up.
- Keeping records, updating databases (CRM), implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems.
- Providing administrative support to the team and undertaking other duties as required
- Entering monthly payroll data and liaising with the Social Secretariat for the processing of monthly salaries.
- Ensuring compliance with Belgian Health & Safety legislation and addressing enquiries related to human resources from the team, in coordination with the Secretary General and the Social Secretariat.
- Supporting recruitment of new staff (preparation of job ads, organisation of interviews, preparation of contracts) and organising induction programmes.
- Organising staff training and developing HR procedures and communications.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes that might affect the organisation.
Financial management and accounting
- Preparing invoices, registering incoming and outgoing invoices in Winbooks and preparing payments according to internal procedures and legal requirements.
- Monitoring expenses and delivering regular financial reports and forecasts (e.g., cashflow) reconciliation of bank accounts forecasts as well as other financial reports as requested. Interpret the data and flag problems.
- Supporting the Secretary General in preparing the annual budget as well as any project budgets as necessary (EU funding)
- Liaising with the accountant and the external and internal auditors and making sure SBS complies with its legal and regulatory requirements (VAT declarations, audits, etc.)
- Keeping up to date with regulatory or statutory changes and that might affect the organisation.
Qualifications, skills and competences
- Strong experience in the field of office and financial management with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in English and either French or Dutch.
- Basic accounting skills and budgeting skills (experience in preparing EU funding proposals would be an advantage).
- Up-to-date knowledge of Belgian employment and non-for-profit legal obligations.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Digital oriented and fully IT skilled, particularly with MS Office applications, remote meeting applications (Zoom or Teams) and CRM systems.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and sustain professional relations with providers and members.
- Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple demands and priorities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to look forward, anticipate needs, and plan accordingly.
- Desire to grow in one’s professional role.
What we are offering:
- Permanent full-time contract (38h/week) under Belgian law starting on 3 January 2024.
- A gross salary ranging from €3,300 to 4,300 according to experience.
- Additional benefits including group insurance, hospitalisation, ambulatory and dental insurance, meal vouchers and an attractive holiday package.
- Flexibility and balance between work and private life are equally important for us. The job is based in Brussels, but SBS has implemented a policy allowing staff to mix office and teleworking.
Applicants must have the right to work in Belgium.
Applications should be sent to the attention of Ms Maitane Olabarria, SBS Secretary General, ([email protected]) by 30 September 2023. The application should include a CV and a cover letter of maximum 1 page outlining your suitability for the role. Please include Office and Finance Manager in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and therefore early applications are encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please ensure all requested documents are added to your application. The successful candidate will be requested to start working on 3 January 2024.
Small Business Standards (SBS) is the European organisation representing and defending Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in standardisation. Co-financed by the European Union and EFTA, SBS advises and supports SMEs and SME organisations across Europe on how best to influence the standardisation process at European and International level
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.