This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and driven individual with excellent
organisational skills to join our UK-wide Membership Venues Team, who are vital to the success
of our Membership Fundraisers and helps the RSPB to raise the funds it needs to reach our
ambitious goals to save nature.
About the role
You will be responsible for planning and organising a calendar of events for our team to
attend, from shopping centres to country shows; high streets to our reserves, and everything in
between, so that they can inspire members of the public to become members of the RSPB.
Our aim is to inspire external partners about our attendance at their events or venues. We are
looking for someone who is a confident relationship builder, with excellent telephone and email
manners as well as communication and negotiation skills. You must have impeccable
organisational skills, a keen eye for detail, and be able to manage several tasks at once,
recording all key details on our CRM database system on a daily basis to ensure that our team
of Membership Fundraisers have everything they need to attend their events and venues.
You will be part of a successful and energetic team, which covers the whole of the UK. You will
work collaboratively with colleagues across the country. This position can be conducted from
home, however occasional travel, including to a local office, reserve or elsewhere in the
United Kingdom will be required.
What we need from you
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:?
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, including customer service skills.
- Effective planning and decision-making skills.
- Geographical understanding of United Kingdom.
- Solutions focused approach with the ability to overcome setbacks and last-minute changes in
order to get the best outcome for the RSPB.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Confident in learning about and using new software (eg, CRM database and Fundraising
Portal). Training will be provided.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of fundraising and what makes a good fundraising venue.
- Knowledge of potential fundraising venues.
- Experience of relationship development, particularly through cold contacting potential
clients and suppliers.
Benefits of the position include:
- A set salary between £23,939 – £26,558 pro rata.
- Annual holiday allowance (including bank holiday and fixed Christmas leave)
- Full training and support with professional/personal development programmes; and
- Opportunities for career progression in multiple directorates.
We are advertising for 2 positions. One Full Time and one 0.5 FTE (18.8 hours) but would
consider further part time or job share appointments.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 6th March. For any and all queries relating to the
role, please don’t hesitate to contact [email protected] and [email protected],
Membership Venues Managers
As part of this application process, you will be asked to complete a full application form
including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
Please state within your application whether you are looking for full or part time
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this internship posting.