Hydrogen is a key molecule for large scale energy storage and the decarbonization of hard to abate sectors. Within this cosmos liquid organic hydrogen carriers (LOHC) are a promising technique for long distance hydrogen transport or long-term hydrogen storage. In the LOHC system the organic hydrogen carrier allows for pressure free and uncomplicated hydrogen transport and works like a reusable bottle. However, after many hydrogen storage and release cycles a small amount of carrier molecules degrades. We are aiming to understand the degradation process and degradation products. Therefore, a robust and easy quality control of the LOHC is essential. You are interested in the renewable energy sector and analytical chemistry. You work clean and reliable in the lab. You have understanding of statistical data evaluation. Ideally you have experience in LC-MS. Your Tasks:
- Practical training on the instrument
- LC-MS Method development and optimization using a DoE approach
- Validation of the developed method
- Data Acquisition and processing of real-world samples
- Ongoing Master studies in chemistry, chemical engineering or a comparable course of study
- You are interested in the renewable energy sector and analytical chemistry
- You work clean and reliable in the lab
- You have understanding of statistical data evaluation
- Ideally you have experience in LC-MS
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- Outstanding working conditions in a dynamic and interdisciplinary team with a lot of freedom for your own ideas
- An interesting and socially relevant topic for your thesis with future-oriented themes
- Additionally, we offer close and direct mentoring during your thesis and the most recent, high end analytical equipment
- If your performance during the master thesis is very good, a PhD position at the research center Jülich might be offered
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to partially work from home
In addition to exciting tasks and a collaborative working atmosphere at Jülich, we have a lot more to offer: https://go.fzj.de/benefits
The position is fixed for 6 months.
Place of employment: Brainergy Park Jülich
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.