University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will provide strategic professional nursing leadership and expert clinical advice for the development of the CHD ODN and act as a focal point for paediatric CHD nursing within the Network. Working with the ODN Education Leads, Paediatric CHD ODN Lead Nurse, Divisional Education Leads, and Cardiac Nurse Educators you will ensure that an education and training programme is in place for CHD nurses and nurses with an interest in CHD across the network.
Working with the Network Manager, you will focus on patient experience, equity of access to care, quality and effectiveness through comparative benchmarking and auditing of services against national standards, with implementation of required improvements.
In collaboration with the Clinical Leads, you will provide expert advice on matters relating to paediatric CHD care throughout the region. You will lead on the development of specific guidance, SOPs and protocols as relevant to the development of the Network. Working with the ODN team you will ensure that nationally set specifications and standards of service are consistently met, and common protocols are in use across the network.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven leadership and management experience.
- Experience of service introduction, redesign and change.
- Experience of working within a clinically related network with a high level of knowledge and skill in paediatric congenital heart disease.
- Proven experience of involvement in national strategic planning and nursing developments and experience leading specialist area policy/guideline development.
- Proven ability to work autonomously as part of a wider multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in presenting and teaching both locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Experience of research and audit.
- Confident of their own knowledge base in Congenital Heart Disease.
- Able to work from home using trust IT systems.
- Able to travel around the region when required to clinical and non-clinical settings.
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 16 March 2023
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.