Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in Italy
APCO’s multilingual team helps clients navigate the complex policy, regulatory and media landscape in Italy, one of the largest European markets, which is currently developing a number of ambitious economic and institutional reforms to re-launch the local economy. Our Italy team, with offices in Rome and Milan, is fully integrated with APCO’s global operations and offers clients cross-sector services, empowered by an in-depth knowledge of the national landscape and a strong network of media and institutional contacts.
The following are specific duties performed on a daily basis:
- Support media relations (eg. drafting press releases, producing media lists)
- Provide general research and intelligence to the office
- Develop understanding of different client/ industry issues through research and monitoring across a wide range of relevant issues
- Draft client materials
- Support event coordination and logistics organization
- Actively support new business opportunities by contributing to brainstorms, conducting research, compiling bios and preparing decks
- Any other task deemed reasonable
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in media/communication or equivalent (ideally you are already graduated or very close to your graduation)
- Language skills: Proficient in English and Italian, command of another language is considered a plus;
- Prior experience working in news organizations, Italian and European institutions, in-house, consultancy or within a trade association is a plus;
- Knowledge and interest in Communication
- Computer skills: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Eligible to work in the EU
Location: Via San Paolo 1, 20121, Milano
How To Apply
At APCO Worldwide, our mission is to create a safe, welcoming and inclusive space where everyone can belong. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, national or ethnic origin or other applicable legally protected characteristics. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we are introducing blind recruiting processes for all entry-level roles in Europe, meaning that all applications are anonymous at screening stage. While you will be asked to upload your CV we will be keeping these separate from our initial recruiting process and ask you to answer the below STAR-method style interview questions in writing to apply. We will be reviewing and shortlisting candidates based on these answers, and not on CVs. CVs will be viewed only at first stage interview.
We advise you to write your answers in Word initially and to cut and paste them into our application form (which you can find by clicking apply to this posting).
- What is your approach to working on several projects in parallel? How do you address competing priorities or deadlines? (250 words maximum)
- Describe a time you were given a project and the assignment was completely new to you and something that you had never done before. How did you tackle it? (250 words maximum)
- What has your biggest achievement been to date? What results that you produced are you most proud of? (achievements can cover projects you undertook during your education, your personal time or your career). (250 words maximum)
- please tell us about a Pr or Corporate Communication campaign/initiative that recently got your attention and briefly explain us why. (250 words maximum)
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by the PRovoke Media.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.