- Winfrith Newburgh (DT2) – Dorset, South West, United Kingdom
- £23,100 – 25,353 per year
- Main Industry:
- Search Information Technology Jobs
- Ad Warrior
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 26 May 2023
ICT Support Officer
Location: Police Headquarters, Winfrith, Dorset (Hybrid Worker)
Salary: Starts at A£23,100 rising by yearly increments to a maximum of A£25,353 per annum
A Hybrid Worker is an employee whose role can be performed remotely from a variety of alternative locations including force premises, partner organisation premises or a member of staff’s home.
The Alliance ICT department, provide technology services to the Police. From the radios, cameras and phones that their officers and staff carry; to the complex systems that enable their control rooms to respond to 999 and 101 calls; and everything in-between that their 10,000 employees and volunteers rely upon to support their communities.
The forces operate from over 150 police stations; and premises shared with partner organisations such as councils, fire and health; to cover any location from the Isles of Scilly to the New Forest border.
You’ll be joining the Hosting team, where you will gain exposure to enterprise platforms and respected industry software.
Whilst the understanding of hosting fundamentals is important, it is also vital that you want to make a positive difference within the service and help improve policing outcomes. They are committed to the continued personal and professional development of their teams and therefore formal training can be provided.
As a Support Officer in the Hosting team, you will be part of the team helping to support their Hosted services (on premise or in the cloud), providing a high level of service, delivering good value for money and maintaining security standards.
The Police are keen to hear from anyone who has some experience in the following
* Understanding of Client and Server Technologies
* Experience or understanding of Windows Administration tasks
* Exposure to Virtual Platforms
* An understanding of network fundamentals
For this role, there will be opportunities to work from home when an on-site presence is not required.
They are happy to consider flexible working options to find the healthy work/life balance that suits you.
This is an exciting time to be part of their Alliance ICT department as they invest in new systems and technologies to modernise policing.
* Flexitime, with the ability to undertake your hours flexibly and in line with business need.
* 24 days a year leave entitlement, with an increase to 29 days after 5 years continuous employment, plus bank holidays.
* Access to heavily subsidised gym membership at all Police sites throughout the county.
* Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services.
* Company sick pay.
* Competitive local government pension scheme.
* Job related equipment supplied.
* Free onsite parking.
* Access to Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
* Support networks, free Employees Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
* Development and training opportunities available.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for the Police Force, then please proceed through the following link to be redirected to their website where you can complete your application.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.