University of Bath
Are you a lateral thinker who is passionate about process improvement and keen to develop their IT skills professionally within a friendly team?
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and highly organised individual to join our HR Operations Team.
Working closely with colleagues from HR and IT, you will play a crucial role in enabling HR users to get the most from their HR systems and your contributions will directly impact the efficiency and effectiveness of our University.
About the role:
- HR Systems Management: Oversee the operational management and ensure the integrity of our HR systems.
- Support and Training: Act as the first point of contact for HR system queries, diagnose and resolve system issues, and provide guidance and training as needed.
- Process Improvement: Identify and implement opportunities to enhance HR processes and workflows.
You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, together with a positive, professional manner and the ability to deal tactfully and confidently with people at all levels. Given the nature of this role, excellent attention to detail is critical as is the ability to prioritise work effectively and to work to deadlines using your own initiative.
We’re particularly keen to hear from you if you have technical experience of working with and developing HR systems.
If you are looking for that next step in your career, to advance your technical abilities and are willing to learn and work well in a team, then we’d love to hear from you.
This role is offered on a part-time basis (18.25 hours per week, 0.5 FTE).
Why Choose University of Bath?
Join us and benefit from:
- a collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and growth
- access to excellent staff benefits, hybrid working and state-of-the-art facilities
- opportunities for career development and advancement
- a very generous employer contributory pension scheme
- generous annual leave allowance with an additional 5 discretionary days so that you can enjoy a positive work life balance
- we are a family-friendly University and with an increasingly agile workforce, are open to flexible working arrangements
- an excellent reward package that recognises the talents of our diverse workforce
- a wide range of personal and professional development opportunities
- a number of support options available for new and existing staff to help with the cost of some immigration expenses which you may be eligible for: Relocation allowance , Visa Reimbursement , Interest-Free Loan
We aim to be an inclusive university, where difference is celebrated, respected and encouraged. We have an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations and have made a positive commitment towards gender equality and intersectionality receiving a Silver Athena SWAN award . We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and students, so we encourage applications from all genders, backgrounds, and communities, particularly from under-represented groups, and value the positive impact that will have on our teams.
We are very proud to be an autism friendly university and are an accredited Disability Confident Leader; committed to building disability confidence and supporting disabled staff .
Find out from our staff what makes the University of Bath a great place to work. Follow us @UniofBath and @UniofBathJobs on Twitter for more information.
Email details to a friend
If you think you may require a visa to work in the UK, you should refer to our guidance on the Skilled Worker Visa before embarking on a job application to ensure you understand the requirements for sponsorship. You may be eligible to work in the UK via other alternative visa routes such as the Global Talent Visa or by having Settlement / Indefinite Leave to Remain − please refer to our Staff Immigration webpages for further details.
Update to our application process
We are constantly seeking to reduce the unconscious bias that enters any assessment process, with the goal of creating an inclusive and equal assessment process. To support this, personal details will be removed from application forms at the initial shortlisting stage.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.