HR Business Partner
Location: Birmingham (Hybrid)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £37,766 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 25 June 2023
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 39 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
IRW is recruiting for a HR Business Partner to join its People & Culture Division based out of its global headquarters, central Birmingham. The organisation is currently operating on a hybrid working basis.
The purpose of the role is to act as an experienced HR generalist and business partner, supporting internal customer needs autonomously with limited supervision. The post-holder will support strengthening the employee relations functions by actively working with Line Managers and staff to manage employee concerns and implementing relevant policies and processes. The postholder will also lead on the development and implementation of key aspects of the teamwork plans and systems, including policy development as well as contribute significantly to the department in order to ensure that it is capable of fully achieving its agreed targets and departmental objectives.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- CIPD level 5 qualified (or above) or equivalent, a degree in a management or social science-related field, preferably in HRM or Business Studies
- Extensive experience of generalist services or business partnering in HR is required
- Proven record of excellent people and interpersonal skills with strong communication skills at individual and group levels. This includes the ability to engage within a multicultural environment
- Proven experience of developing and implementing strategies and work plans which help to deliver the wider organisational objectives
- Demonstrable experience in consultative team approaches to decision-making and innovation which motivates and drives teams forward
- Proven ability and experience in analysing data which enables sound conclusions and recommendations to be drawn
- Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness
- Substantial experience in managing and implementing employee relations activities in a large organisation
- Strong and seasoned analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and laterally, to overcome challenges.
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail to ensure high quality in ones work.
- Ability to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure and subject to changing priorities; proven experience of managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and using judgment and initiative in problem resolution.
- Excellent levels of computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications and HR software.
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews may take place on an ongoing basis and the vacancy may close earlier than the above closing date.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications that would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
How to apply