GIZ GmbH (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit)
HR Assistant (m/f/d)
for the GIZ Representation in Brussels
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is currently looking for suitable candidates to fill the HR Assistant (m/f/d) position for its Representation in Brussels starting as soon as possible.
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
The mission of the GIZ Representation in Brussels is to position GIZ in the EU context and to ensure the coherence of its actions and visibility in Brussels. To fulfil this, our activities range from interest representation vis-à-vis the EU institutions and other partners, to radar function and observation of the EU policy framework, as well as entry point for all main contacts with EU institutions. They further include advisory services to GIZ organisational units, the organisation and hosting of workshops and events for GIZ units and with Brussels based stakeholders. In addition, the Representative Office continues to take on growing administrative tasks for other GIZ units and projects working out of Brussels which also includes payroll administration and related tasks for about 60 employees and interns.
The selected candidate will be part of the small and dynamic administration team at the GIZ Representation in Brussels. The recruiting and payroll management for the constantly growing Brussels based GIZ units and projects increases the need of resources at the Representation. The selected candidate will play an important role in supporting the HR-team for all tasks in the area of payroll. This includes, among other things, the verification and registration of timesheets and transferring this information into the payroll system.
The HR Assistant will work closely with all team members of the administration team and all employees of our Brussels based GIZ projects and units. His/her main tasks will include:
- Coordinate and monitor the time and leave registration of employees internally: the assistant will update and maintain the registration tool and ensures that data is kept properly and on time to allow a clean payroll execution.
- Payroll preparation and execution: the assistant will register new employees in the payroll system of our Social Secretariat SECUREX, adapt/correct data for existing employees like new work schedules, changes in salary components, bonus payments, vacation, sick leaves etc. and verify the data and the salary calculation properly before salaries are paid out.
- Control and payment of extra-legal benefits: the assistant registers and verifies data for the extra-legal benefits like for example the hospitalisation insurance and lunch checks.
- Other administrative tasks: based on the request of the Director of or the Head of Administration of the Representation
Requirements and skills
- We need a team player who doesn’t lose his/her sense of humour even in busy times.
- We need a trustworthy, resilient, discreet, and responsible colleague.
- You should be equipped with flexibility and a sharp mind allowing you to find solutions to tricky situations.
- You should be well organised and have a keen eye for detail.
- You should have a bachelor’s degree in administration or an equivalent qualification and have at least 1 year of professional experience in the field of HR administration.
- Good digital skills especially on Microsoft 365 including Excel, Word, Teams and Sharepoint are required.
- You need a VERY good level (C1) of written and spoken English and good reading comprehension of German. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an asset.
- The knowledge of the HRAccent payroll system is considered being an asset.
- Your commitment to GIZ mission and values is key.
- We request a valid work permit for Belgium.
What we offer
We offer you a full-time position in an attractive office in Brussels’ European Quarter and being part of a multi-national and vibrant team.
The unlimited contract under Belgian law (PC200) offers a competitive salary, based on the level of experience of the selected candidate. The package also includes 5 additional holidays per calendar year, lunch vouchers, complementary health insurance in case of hospitalisation, a home office allowance and subsidy for from/to work transport (public transport or bike).
How to apply
Applicants are asked to submit their updated CV together with a one-page cover letter (both in English) and in case of non-EU applicants their Belgian work permit to the attention of Ms. Linn Hilbert by May 5th, 2023. E-mail: [email protected] .
The motivation letter should explain how the candidate fits the position as well as her/his motivation to apply. It has also to include the candidate’s yearly gross salary expectations in EURO and when she/he would be available to start the assignment in Brussels.
Please note that we will only consider applications that comply with the required qualifications and skills. Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.